Fixes for Post-Workout Hair

It’s not always convenient or possible to shower after a workout. This can leave you a big, sweaty mess, and embarrassed to stop off at the grocery store where you’ll inevitably run into a former flame or high school nemesis. You only meet those people when you’re in need of a shower.

To combat this beauty battle, I’ve been using Jonathan Product Redo Freshen-Up Mist (of my own free will, no product placement for the Fit Bottomed Girls). It works for hair and skin, and you simply spray it on your hair to freshen up. The cucumber/rose essential water refreshes, natural botanical extracts cleanse, refresh and moisturize, and vegetable enzyme neutralizes odors. It’s basically Febreze for your head. It’s technically fragrance free, but it smells light and refreshing to my discerning nose. I love using it on my skin to feel so fresh and so clean clean. And while it won’t take away the need to wash your hair after a tough workout, it will buy you some time and will leave you less disgusting than you were before. That should be an ad slogan. $18 for 5.1 oz or $8 for 1.7 oz.

Photobucket

Another one I’d like to try on a rainy day would be the Oscar Blandi Pronto Dry Shampoo Spray. It’s supposed to absorb excess oil and buildup, which sounds ideal for post-workout grossness. $21 for 3.2 oz. or $11 for 1.4 oz.

Photobucket

Bumble and Bumble offers a hair powder that sounds intriguing for “styling ease, dry cleansing and tinting.” Depending on how you use it, you can use it for tinting your hair or just for absorbing the oil. Interesting. $19 for 1 oz.

Cake Beauty also hasa yummy-looking refreshing powder for hair and body. It’s said to smell like lemon cookies. Mmmm! $18 for 1.7 oz.

Photobucket

Note: These products are a bit pricey, so if you know of drugstore products that do trick, we’d love to hear about them! Erin

Photos grabbed from http://www.amazon.com/.

Comments

1. John says

I am so glad I am a married man with a child. I have lost all concern for how my hair looks while or after I am working out. After all, am I trying to impress the 20 year old on the treadmill next to me? Nope, not anymore. ;-)

2. tfh says

These do look like they’d make me a bit fresher than the usual jam-on-a-baseball-cap technique…

3. Jenn says

John: Hehe. I envy men and they’re short hair sometimes. My husband has a shaved head, so this post is totally lost on him.

tfh: I’m also a fan of that technique.

Mizfit: (nothing but net)

Mark: Yes, do tell your wife just in case. :)

4. divamentors says

Febreeze for your head! HAHA that cracked me up!
    You’ve got a wealth of helpful information on your site. Would you consider adding your site to our community as an inspiration to everyone? My readers deserve to hear what you have to say.
    Here’s the link http://www.benaturallywell.com/blog/add-your-blog/

I hope you pop by!
    Many Blessings,
    Shelley

5. Missicat says

hmmmm….may have to try these products out. Usually I go the ponytail route. I am sure Bad Cat with appreciate my effort!

6. runner Girl says

That is SO perfect. I’ve started working out at the office gym so I have to go straight to work after working out. Finally brought my straightener today so I didn’t look like a frizzball…

7. fatfighter says

I never even knew they made such things! Love that it will “leave you less disgusting than you were before.” ;)

8. Jenn says

divamentors: Oooh, going to check out your site soon.

missicat: Your profile pic cracks me up every time I see it. lol. Btw, I’m also a big pony tail fan. You can just never go wrong with it.

runner girl: I’m so green with envy. I want an office gym! Waaa!

fatfighter: Seems like they have a product for everything, huh?

9. Erin says

No better welcome back from vacation than a million blog comments! Thanks Jenn for keeping up with the dear readers, and thanks readers for your dear comments! :)

10. Erica says

Thank you for this! I agree, I ALWAYS see people at the grocery store when I look like poop! I have often thought about lunch time workouts but wondered how people got back to work looking fresh after working out! I bet these products would help with that! What would we do without your reviews?????

11. Erica says

Jenn- What group fitness classes do you teach and whats your fav? I have been meaning to ask you this for a while!

12. Jenn says

Erica: I rarely see people I know unless I’ve just worked out and am sweaty and red-faced. Then I feel the need to explain myself and what I’ve just done. lol.

I just finished teaching a bootcamp summer session and before that I’ve taught just about everything from yoga to kickbox to step (which I royally suck at btw) to core. My fave to teach is probably fusion classes that combine strength and cardio with drills or circuits. What about you?

13. Cynthia @ Healthy Hollywood says

I don’t know if I could use a product that smells like lemon cookies right after a workout. Too tempting! :)

14. Erica says

Jenn-
    Thanks for the response :) I have been teaching for about a year and a half now. I teach two pre-choreographed programs (Turbo Kick and Body Step) and I also teach a Hip Hop class that I make up on my own :) . My favorite class to teach is probably Body Step. I really want to start teaching weights or a fusion class soon! I wish I lived near you and could take one of yours!!

15. Christine says

I have been looking into dry shampoos and the like… cycling to work is fine for me right now because my current job doesn’t require a completely polished appearance (although I do need to look presentable of course)

However, I would like to continue cycling to work even though my goal is to work in an actual office next.