Oh Behave, You Lil’ Minx

From time to time, Erin and I receive some pretty fun products in the mail, whether it’s by snail or the big WWW. Awhile back, Erin reviewed Carmen Electra’s Vegas Strip, and apparently that was enough to open the stripping products floodgates to us, for just days after her post went live, we were offered the opportunity to review a dance pole. That’s right, a stripper pole.Neither of us really wanted to mount (pun intended) one of these babies into our living quarters. Heck, Erin’s landlord barely let her keep her dog, so I doubt that he’d be agreeable to a remodel. But, maybe you guys do. So without further ado, here is the Lil’ Minx dance pole:

Definitely for the adventuresome types, this pole lets you take pole dance workouts to your living room, basement or bedroom (gah-rowl). The poles are professional grade, made in the good ol’ USA and are shipped all over the world for gyms offering pole dance classes—and now for you. The poles vary in sizes, colors and retail from $229 to $375, depending on the “grade” of pole. And heck, they’ve been featured on VHI, and Paris Hilton has one. Those are some serious endorsements.

And if you’re like the FBGs and have no idea what you’d do with a pole except awkwardly spin around it and get pole burns, you can get music and instructional DVDs about how to use it and tone problem areas. Bonus!

For more on the poles, go to www.lilmynx.com or you can buy them on Amazon. And if you do get one or already have one, for the love of God, share your experience below. We are way too shy for that mess, but that doesn’t mean that we’re not intrigued. —Jenn

Do you have a wacky fitness-related product or piece of equipment that you use to stay fit? Or do you know of one that you’ve been wondering about? E-mail us at contact@fitbottomedgirls.com, and we’ll try to cover it in a future FitEquip!

Comments

1. Marcy says

Wow, even my trashy butt wouldn’t go there . . .but I would go to the local elementary school and practice my moves on the flag pole (I’m KIDDING!)

2. keyalus says

I can’t believe they sent you one of these – they are pricey. Very cool!

I’ve been taking pole dancing lessons for a year now and it is a great fun workout. You can make pole dancing cardio intensive by lots of doing dips and sways and lunges balancing on the pole or back to back spins.

Once you gain confidence and start climbing and inverting on the pole the door is open to all kinds of moves that require all kinds of strength. I consider myself pretty strong and I can’t even begin to do half the stuff I’ve seen on YouTube. Search YouTube for “Chinese Flagpole” to see what I mean. This woman holds her entire body out horizontally from the pole using only her arms. Maybe one day!

Word of advice – if you ever buy a Lil’ Mynx don’t get the stainless steel one. Good for spinning but very slippery!

3. Sagan says

Oh man, I wish I had one of these! I once took a pole dancing class and I LOVED it, it was so much fun. I need to do that again.

4. tfh says

I would just feel ridiculous trying to pole dance. And surely I would look it, too. Sigh. I guess I will never have the physique of a stripper.

5. MizFit says

Im soooo jealous.

Id love to try.

alone anyway.

(as in no husband. thats a sight NO ONE WANTS TO SEE. Im uncoordinated that way)

M.

6. Clare says

Oh my – I’ve heard that pole dancing is an excellent calorie burner – but I have no idea where I’d put a pole in my house!

7. Anonymous says

they have removable poles too – no one needs to be the wiser of your extra curricular activitIes! i’ve been taking sfactor (pole dancing classes) in nyc for over 2 years and LOVE them. They are a workout, it’s fun and really does add more than a little confidence.