What’s Your Plan for Thanksgiving?

Thanksgiving is just days away. Ack! While I’m already starting to defrost my turkey (for some reason I always end up with a half frozen turkey on Thanksgiving morning, but not this year!), I know many of you see Turkey Day as one scary holiday. With decadent desserts, butter-topped rolls and creamy casseroles galore, there’s plenty of calorie-laden dishes to beware of, even if they do include veggies like the pie above.

As you can probably guess, the FBGs plan on indulging in our fave dishes while listening to our hunger (or maybe a little past, as it is a Thanksgiving tradition, right?!), and we’ll be getting in our usual workouts, plus a hard-core Thanksgiving morning DVD. Check back on the official Day of Turkey to check out the review. In the meantime, tell us: What’s your plan of attack for this Thanksgiving? If our answers don’t fit your plan, please explain in the comments below. —Jenn
  • I plan on being just like the turkey: stuffed!
  • It’s just another day: I’m going to eat light.
  • Time for a workout: I’m ramping up my cardio to make room for Tom.
  • A plan of my own: I’ll tell you all about it in the FBG comments.

Want to express yourself some more? Share your opinion on sneaky chefery here?.

Hilarious cartoon grabbed from http://www.nataliedee.com/111707/pumpkin-pie.jpg.

Comments

1. Oh She Glows says

hahaha oh man that pie comic cracked me up!!!! I love it :) Thanks for the giggle.

Well, I am in Canada so our Thanksgiving is already long gone (beginning of Oct!)…so the next big push of food isn’t until Christmas.

When I do have a big ‘doozy’ of a meal, I just try to eat everything in moderation! I hate feeling too full so I try not to stuff my face. ;)

2. CarlaHHI says

My daughter and I are going to volunteer at a Community Meal serving those less fortunate, elderly or lonely. I may fast this day to nail down those feelings of gratitude for the abundant food available to me day after day after day. It doesn’t make sense to me to eat more to show thanks. But don’t let my plans put a damper on yours! If someone offered to fly me up to NYC to see the Macy’s Parade, I’d be there in a heartbeat! Grateful for this delightful blog, xo-Carla aka OneHealthyGirl.com

3. Jenn says

Oh She Glows: I didn’t realize you were in Canada! Well happy late Thanksgiving. ;)

CarlaHHI: What an awesome idea. And it is true that it’s odd for us to give thanks by being gluttons.

4. Lori says

My gym is closed on turkey day, but I noticed a yoga studio is offering a free hot yoga class. I can’t wait to give it a try!

I’m actually going to have 2 turkey day meals – Thurs and Fri. Fortunately the gym is open on Friday so I’ll hit the cardio then. I won’t be skipping any of my favorite foods. ;)

5. Sagan says

Yum, turkey.

I think I’ll become American for the day so I can have a second Thanksgiving (am in Canada too).

6. Juliet says

Hahha, I love the pie. So cute! So, my turkey day strategy isn’t to eat light, per say, but I only eat the foods that day that I don’t eat on any other day — like stuffing, mashed potatoes, and a small piece of pie. I leave everything else off my plate since I can eat it anytime, really.. This actually works by the way! I never find myself stuffed. Just perfectly full — probably more calories than usual but nothing too extreme. Avoiding extremes helps me. I also hate feeling overly full, so that helps too!

7. Crabby McSlacker says

Normally I say “screw it” and eat whatever the heck I feel like–it’s just one day and it’s the only holiday that’s totally dedicated to dinner.

But just got back from a road trip, which involved plenty of the usual indulgences and compromises, and I’m weirdly in the mood to eat light for a while. So if this odd feeling persists, I may go a little easier than usual.

8. Tina says

I asked the same question on my blog this morning! My plan is to save room for dessert! HELLO, pumpkin pie! :)

9. Laura says

I’m running the Atlanta Marathon on Thanksgiving morning. Now THERE’S a way to eat what I want and not have to feel guilty! :)