You Go to the Bathroom, Girl!

YouGoGirlWe’re done with the bathroom products after this one, we swear. After we reviewed Just a Drop, the bathroom odor eliminator, we received another girl-friendly bathroom product in the mail to test. Who knew there were so many of these products on the market?

This one, dubbed “You Go Girl!” makes even grander claims than Just a Drop. It dampens the smell, which, if you ask us is a necessity in any bathroom product. It also minimizes the sound of your bathroom adventure. And? It also reduces the yucky “splash up” effect, called “plume.” (Who knew that splash up had an official name? That made my day.)

How does it work? You sprinkle the product in the toilet before you go to create a foamy, lathery surface on which to “go.” Then, you go.

How did it work? It definitely dampens the sound. Although it made the urine stream sound foamier and less tinkly, it was definitely effective in curbing any splishing and splashing sounds from “other stuff.” Also? The smell was great—really fresh—and I found it to be even more effective than Just a Drop, although it was slightly more time consuming to use by a few seconds, and the container is definitely less discreet. I won’t speak to the anti-splash effects as some things are off limits even around here, so you’ll just have to do a first-hand experiment yourself by commenting below to win a sample. (U.S. residents only, please.)

And check out a You Go Girl! product demo video to see how it works. No worries—it just shows the foaming action, no gross stuff here! —Erin

Comments

1. Celina says

You go girls!!! Saving relationships one day at a time. I have pooping problems… Sometimes I don’t go for 2-3 days. But when I go I carry the target sample febreze, which doesn’t really work. Those of us in relationships that stay over at the boyfriends place and by the force of nature stink up their bathroom would really use one of these bottles. I would love to have an opportunity to try it.

2. Julie Angarone says

I have a new man whom I frequently spend the night with- not quit comfortable enough with him to do my business, so I always go home (3 hr drive) with a bloated feeling – would love to be able to be discreet in his home!!

3. Tanya says

Seriously? What is this stuff made of? Is it safe in the event of ahem…splash back?

4. Cookie says

I think this would be awesome to try, just to say I have it! Haha! Is it odd that of all the giveaways you have, this is the one I chime in on??? Love it!

5. Janet says

Would love to try this to see if it actually works! Had an \incident\ at a friend’s place and she had nothing to spray!! Thanks for finding these cool products!

6. Debbie says

I just read an article in Allure that Megan Fox hates “bacteria shooting up in the air” when using public toilets, so she doesn’t use them. Bet she’d like this product (and all germ-a-phobes) and yes, who knew it was called plum?! Would love to try this. I do have the product “Go Girl” just in case there’s not a place to, ah, go. I think you reviewed this as well. Haven’t used it yet though, thankfully!

7. Leeny says

This is too funny! But a great idea – especially if you’re having company or something and someone goes in the bathroom after you. Busted! :)

8. Shannon says

This sounds genius! Going to the bathroom at work has always been an obstacle.. sounds like this invention could really help :)