Looney for lululemon

I am a changed woman! I used to be the gal who could throw on a cotton shirt and some old yoga pants and hit the gym. I couldn’t figure out why girls had to look cute during sweat time, but then everything changed the moment I was given a “check yo self!” lesson from Jenn and Erin. Those cutesy tops you see popping up at the gym and those cute capri pants you see prancing around the grocery store are more than just eye candy for gym rats. Companies like lululemon athletica are really taking note of what makes a fit bottomed girl tick. Cute aside, we want to feel good during our workouts. That means both physically and mentally. To my delight, lululemon athletica asked me if I’d like to come check out their latest and greatest gear. I found Mecca and then some.

revitalize tech shirt, anti-stink, silverescent, silver thread, no stink, cute workout top, workout clothesRevitalize Tech Short Sleeve

I think a lulu girl out there loved me very much and made this shirt just for me. When I say I geeked hardcore over this shirt I mean I GEEKED! The drool wasn’t pretty. I’ve written previously about my disdain for smelly clothes, so when I learned these shirts are made of a patented lululemon technology called silverescent, I about came undone. In English, the company found out that silver has natural anti-bacterial properties so they stitched it into the fabric. It’s comfortable, it’s light and it doesn’t smell of funk. I wore the shirt for one week, making sure to keep it in my bag and it came out without the funk. Uncanny I say!!! Well worth the $62 price tag.

Ta-Ta Tamerta ta tamer bra, lululemon bra, d cup, c cup, sports bra, lululemon athletica

I’m flat as a board so this bra is obviously not one I personally played with, but I loved the name and the reasons behind it so much I just had to include it. My lucky Big-Busted Betties are always complaining to me about their girls during workouts. While some just don’t do anything that requires jumping, others strap on not one, but two bras to calm the girls down. For $58, one can add one more option to the list and actually tame the ta-tas without smashing them like pancakes. No more uni-boob!

stride jacket, lululemon athletica, hoodie, yoga jacket, poshStride Jacket II

I’m a bit of a jacket hussy. Putting on a soft and comfortable jacket is like butta, and putting on this lovely contraption is like butta with a side of a little sumthin’ sumthin’. The lulu girls definitely take their notes. Not only does the jacket have the oh-so-convenient thumb holes to keep your hands warm and your sleeves in check, it also has this handy-dandy little gizmo they call a zipper garage that gives you extra warmth without irritating the crap out of your chin. I think the design team knew if a fitty was going to shell out $108 dollars for a jacket it better make me feel like a natural woman…and it totally did! I cried when I had to put that one back on the rack. The lola purple one will make an appearance on my Christmas list for sure.

I think I want to marry the lululemon design team. After spending the afternoon playing in their Sherman Oaks, California, showroom I learned they are the perfect mates. When I say they listen…girl, do I mean it! They’re known for plucking Pilates and Yoga gurus from communities. They call them ambassadors and they give them clothes to work out in, critique and correct. The clothes are built around our needs and wants; a region we all need to be spoiled in. They also make sure you understand that they’ve gotten the message. All products in their stores and online have a tag or section that tells you what’s in it, why it’s in there, and what it does for you. I’m down on bended knee. —Tish

Comments

1. says

Ain’t it great! I don’t geek lightly…I want to tear up every time I walk into one of their stores and then I want to go buck buck and just ravage the place, running through racks, and grabbing everything. (in a psychotic fashion)

Stuff is good…

2. Stephanie says

I wanted to love lululemon (despite their prices) but found recently when I went into their showroom for the first time that I wasn’t as wild about the look of their stuff as I thought.

But! Did you really wear that workout shirt for a week WITHOUT WASHING it and it didn’t smell? What kind of workouts did you do in it? Dripping sweaty ones?

Because $62 for a shirt turns me way off, but if it does that…I might change my mind.

3. says

As a fat but fit workout addict, I drool over things like lululemon, and then get so freakin’ frustrated that they go to a size 12- their XL!!! I hate working out in t-shirts and whatever pants will fit. Plus size performance gear is virtually non-existent- I wish people would realize that bigger girls work out also! /end of rant

4. says

Yes I did sister lol. (I could say I did it for science, but in all actuality, I’m just lazy and hate washing clothes so I had to see if it would really work.)

I was doing crazy workouts. I train with a trainer so lots of weight, cardio, planks that had my belly sweating and forehead dripping–THE WORKS. and the shirt works…and still looks cute, too.

I agree the stuff looks colorful, but plain…I say try the stuff on. (You’ll like it once you see what it can do for your booty and bawd.) I have the anti-stink shirt in black and grey and I swear I look dashingly hawt lol.

5. Alyssa says

LOVE Lululemon!!!!!! They let me be an “Ambassador,” which basically means I sometimes get free stuff, try it out when I teach my classes, and give them feedback. If you are a fitness pro, definitely sign up for this! (Plus you get a discount.)
    I do wish they had more sizes, though. Especially the Ta-Ta Tamer. It’s kind of ironic that they don’t carry THAT in larger sizes!

6. says

Thanks, FBG Tish! I’ve reviewed the Champion C9 from Target, Junonia, Lane Bryant, Old Navy, Always for Me, Danskin NOW for Wal-Mart, regular Danskin, regular Champion. The goal is high quality, performance workout apparel up to a size 28!

7. Christine R says

Hey Tish!

As a runner with a 38 D Chest, I highly recommend the “ta ta tamer”. Although it is not cheap, the price tag is comparable for quality found anywhere else, and it is very versatile and still cute. It would be nice if it came in bigger sizes though!

For anyone looking for work out gear (for size 12.. 14… 16… like me) I highly recommend the service at “RunningRoom” as well as the quality of clothing! And the price tag isn’t a killer.

8. Tish says

Hi Ally,

Trust me I know what you mean. They were trying to get me to buy other things I was drooling over, but I’m a poor soul…Like literally…I’m poor! I tend to wait for the sales because seriously I never regret the clothes I’ve picked up from there. I tend to stay clear of stuff I could buy at target…like sports bras and tanks, but the stinky shirt as I call it…well nothing else compares. I rock that thing all the time and still love it. What do you wear?