Yesterday we gave you our top 10 list of the 10 best beginner workouts DVDs ever. And today we’re doing the same for you intermediate exercisers! While it’s pretty easy to distinguish a beginner workout from a hard one, sometimes finding a good intermediate DVD is a challenge. (Reminds us of Goldilocks—this one is just right…) Which is why we’ve done all the hard work for you. Happy intermediate working outing!
Top 10 Intermediate Workout DVDs
1. Bob Harper’s Pure Burn Super Strength: There are, ahem, many things to love about Bob Harper’s strength workout DVD (he’s such a cutie patooty!), but the best is that you get both a short and long strength workout that will get your heart rate up enough to consider it cardio. Double bonus!
2. Amy Dixon’s Give Me 10!: We’re such huge fans of mix-and-match workouts, and this workout DVD gives you not one, not two, but five 10-minute workouts. And with a nice variety of upper-body, lower-body and cardio, the exercise possibilities are endless!
3. Personal Training with Jackie: Power Circuit Training: Jackie Warner’s workout DVDs never disappoint, and this circuit-training DVD is the cream of the crop. In fact, with five workout options—15-Minute Total Body Circuit, 40-Minute Total-Body Circuit, 15-Minute Abs-Only Circuit, 15-Minute Upper-Body Circuit and 15-Minute Lower-Body Circuit—we gave this one a whopping five stars. Our highest rating possible!
4. intenSati: Great Body, Great Life: So many workout DVDs are about losing weight or looking good that we really, really appreciate this mind-body and dance DVD that focuses on making you feel good. Talk about refreshing!
5. So You Think You Can Dance’s Get Fit series: If you love to dance or are a fan of So You Think You Can Dance, this is sooo your workout DVD. These DVDs give you an intro, warm-up, three dance-routine workouts with your fave SYTYCD dancers, a bonus workout that puts the moves from the other workouts all together (amazing fun here!), a cool down, and interviews with the dancers and Nigel. And it’s an awesome cardio workout. Perfection!
6. The Best of Tamilee: Buns, Abs & Arms Workout: A serious blast from the past, this 2009 workout DVD refreshes the Buns of Steel craze with some amazing workouts for the buns, abs and arms. Perfect for those who have already been working out and are ready to really “feel the burn.” Oh yeah!
8. Kathy Smith’s Total Body Lift: You can seriously never go wrong with a good ol’ standby like Kathy Smith. Over the years she’s put out tons of workout DVDs, most of which we’ve adored. We particularly love Total Body Lift for it’s a full-body workout that’s fun, effective and challenging.
9. The Firm’s Burn & Shape: The Firm is notorious for putting out quality workout DVDs, and Burn & Shape is no different. An effective cardio and sculpt combo DVD, we think it’s one of the best on the market. Period!
10. The Biggest Loser Workout, Vol. 1: Nowadays there are so many workouts in The Biggest Loser fitness DVD series, but sometimes you just can’t top the original. This one still gets our legs burning and our hearts pitter-pattering for Bob. A must for any intermediate workout DVD collection!
Who says you can’t get a good workout at home, huh? —Jenn