Last fall, Darlene took a chance. Through her friend Stacey, she signed up for the Fit Bottomed Girls’ first virtual weight-loss challenge. And over the course of eight weeks, Darlene and the rest of her team learned how to eat, work out and live (read: Have fun!) like Fit Bottomed Girls.
And boy, oh boy, did she embrace the FBG lifestyle! Girlfriend lost a total of 8 pounds and 13.5 inches—resulting in a 6 percent decrease in the total percentage of inches from week one to week eight. Craziness! Darlene won her Horicon, Wis., team’s challenge and a free year membership to Jazzercise, along with some other fitness goodies. Read on for her inspiring story!
Interview With Virtual Weight-Loss Challenge Winner Darlene
- FBG: What was the most important thing you learned?
- Darlene: How to eat less but eat more times a day! I never felt starved. It was great.
- FBG: How have you changed from day one to now—both mentally and physically?
- Darlene: I feel a lot better about myself. I have a lot more energy and just feel better all the way around.
- FBG: How do you feel? Have others noticed the changes?
- Darlene: I feel good. I find myself reading a lot more labels and eating less and taking smaller portions. I also actually stop eating when I’m full, instead of feeling the need to empty my plate, especially when I go out to eat.
- FBG: Would you recommend others take the FBG Virtual Weight-Loss Challenge?
- Darlene: I would definitely recommend it. It is great to have the support of friends in the group who also want to be healthy and lose some weight. It was great to have FBG available via email to ask questions, and the coaching session was very helpful.
- FBG: What was your favorite class and why?
- Darlene: I think my favorite class included the information about the fads on TV. Also the class that talked about what healthy foods are really healthy.
- FBG: Any other thoughts?
- Darlene: Keeping track of the inches lost was so much more beneficial than keeping track of the pounds. I’ve always just worried about the pounds, but to have only lost 8 pounds but 13 inches total was unbelievable and my clothes just fit so much better. I’m able to wear jeans that I haven’t worn in a while. Thanks again to our leader Stacey for including me in her team. She was such a great help and always encouraged us to do our best, even through the holidays. She always found time for us to give us support, even when she was extremely busy at work and traveling. She is just awesome. This is a great program.
A big congrats to Darlene on her success and her win! We couldn’t be more proud! If you’d like to lead an FBG Virtual Weight-Loss Challenge in your town, we’re looking for leaders in April, so don’t delay! Fill out an application now to get started! —Jenn