And The Biggest Loser Winner Is…Girl Power

olivia-before-and-after*SPOILER ALERT* This post reveals details from last night’s The Biggest Loser finale episode. So if you don’t want to know the dramatic details and results, click away, my friend, click away!

As if yesterday’s news that Anna Kournikova will be the new trainer on The Biggest Loser wasn’t crazy enough, last night’s finale didn’t disappoint. And for those of you who wanted a BL night of girl power? Well, you got it. Big time.

First, let’s talk Jillian Michaels leaving the show. Heartbreaking! I loved how the live audience gave her a standing ovation and she got to say her goodbyes. That show just won’t be the same without her. We also got to hear a few words from Brett and Bob (there’s never enough Bob though—especially when he’s all spiffy looking in a suit and all), but—not so coincidentally I imagine—we didn’t hear a word out of Cara, nor did Ali ask her any questions. Interesting. And can you say “awkward” when Anna Kournikova was introduced in front of Brett and Cara? That’s gotta hurt the ego to know that you’re not being promoted for next season.

Also absent from last night’s show? Rulon. With no mention of why he left The Biggest Loser—and the only general observation that those who willingly leave the show leave the WHOLE show including the cash-money—rumors continued to swirl about why Rulon left. Some believe he was caught cheating; others that he left willingly; others a little of both. Not sure if we’ll ever get the full story straight from the Olympian’s mouth on that one, but fishy indeed.

But let’s switch our focus to the AWESOMENESS of last night. Deni surprised the pants off of me, winning the at-home prize with a 125-pound loss. Okay, maybe I’m exaggerating, but she looked totally different! Then, as most of us expected, Irene beat out Jay for a spot in the finale three, leaving an all-woman finale. It came down to the sisters Olivia and Hannah, and while both looked ah-mazing, Olivia ended up winning with just a slightly higher percentage of weight lost (and three more pounds). Saying it was “close,” is the understatement of the season.

For more on last night’s episode, check out the BL finale video recap below by Mark Pinhasovich from BL season 10, and an exclusive interview with Biggest Loser winner Olivia Ward from our pals at DietsinReview!

Can’t see the video? Click here to see The Biggest Loser 11 finale recap from DietsinReview!

Can’t see the video? Click here to see an interview with The Biggest Loser winner Olivia Ward!

What did you think about last night’s finale? Are you happy with the winner? The girl power? Tell us about it in the comments! —Jenn

Comments

1. says

I loved the all girl finalists! I was very impressed with all of them. I am so happy Olivia won and she looked amazing!!! I heard that Brett and Cara are both not coming back. What is Jillian going to be doing? Is she getting a new show? I can’t imagine the show without her. My initial reaction to Anna is not positive, the show is suppose to be about the contestants, but we’ll see.

2. Melissa says

Olivia and Hannah looked fantastic, and the dresses they wore … Wow! I still don’t quite understand why Anna was chosen to be a trainer. I’m sure there are PLENTY of experienced personal trainers out there who have honed their skills over the years and might have enjoyed the exposure and opportunity to be on this show. I was disappointed and completely surprised to see that they had chosen Anna. It will be interesting to see what she has to bring to the table. For a second there when they were talking about the new trainer being an athlete and showing some of the blurry video, I thought it might be Gabrielle Reece. I think she would have been a great option. It was also interesting to see that Cara had been completely snubbed when Allison asked the opinions of the trainers. From the way that she distanced herself physically from the other three when they were standing next to Allison, you could tell there was some bad blood there. Looking forward to next season!

3. Jeanne says

Absolutely amazing for 3 women to be in the finals! I was pulling for purple, being from Nashville, so I was happy that one of the sisters one. I loved this season that they are all talking about the changes it made in their life – not just their size, weight, appearance – but the chang in their life. That’s what people like me who are struggling need to hear.

I’m shocked about Anna. I agree w/Melissa that if it’s an athlete, why not Gabriele Reece. Anna’s just kinda blah for me.

4. Kathy says

I have always loved the Biggest Loser for its inspiration and in helping people with their lives. I am so sad to see Jillian leave but am very happy for her new endeavors. I really believe it was a poor choice for the new trainer. Yes, she’s an athlete, but Jillian and Bob have it down to a science as to how to get the weight off of these people, i.e. exercise AND diet. These people coming to the ranch are not training to be an athlete, they want to get their entire lives together. I think Anna will only be one small piece of that. At least Bob will still be there. Hated the finale in the way they treated some of the contestants and Cara (not interviewing all of them–so disrespectful). I thought Olivia’s dress was beautiful, but I may sound catty when I say that some of them, Alison included, need a mirror. They just looked trashy.

5. Penie says

I did not like Cara on the show the entire time she was very snooty. Did anyone notice she took the microphon off of Brett’s tie after Ali asked the trainers questions then the camera panned away and went in for a close … really close up of Ali. I wonder if they did not allow her to have a microphone or if maybe hers did not work or something?? I also agree with Melissa Gabriele Reece would have been a much better pic. Anna is okay she knows how to train herself but does she know how to train other people??

6. karrie says

I was so happy for Hannah and Olivia, and all of the other contestants. I actually like Brett and Kara both and hope they return. Brett especially really seems to care about his contestants. I totally agree that Anna is a really odd choice. Also, she just looks too skinny (no offense at all), but her legs were like toothpicks instead of toned muscle. Gabby Reece would have been a great option, or other unknown trainers. I’m sure Anna is a sweet and motivated person, with a huge talent, but I’m not feeling it at this point.

7. says

I’m totally happy with the show’s results. Olivia is amazing, as were most of the contestants. As far as Anna being named the next trainer, I agree Gabby would have been a better choice. To me, Anna is just known as Enrique Iglasias’s girlfriend. Besides being a sex symbol, I really don’t see her as a fitness guru, nor someone I would be willing to take advice from. I respected Jillian because she WAS the overweight teen, and fought her way, and although Anna is in shape and looks hot, I don’t see her coming off as the “trainer” type. I felt bad for Cara and Brett too, as they proved themselves this season to be worthy trainers for an extreme show like this one. Oh well, that’s just me. I’m not a big Alison fan either. Wish they would find another host.

8. Laura says

I heard that Cara isn’t coming back, and that makes me happy. Their teams were eliminated pretty quickly, that’s because doing one thing over and over again doesn’t help. You could always see how much the people that chose “the unknowns” were struggling when they had to train with Bob and Jillian. Not to mention the fact that her dress looked horrible last night, and it also was extremely unflattering. Did she not look at herself and say “oh wow I look fat,” because I know I did.