Ivori’s 3-Year-Long Journey to Loving Life

reader-success

Ivori today!

We get so many inspiring emails from readers, and today we’re sharing another weight-loss success story with you! Read on for Ivori’s inspiring story. And feel free to share yours!

Ivori’s Weight-Loss Story

Hey FBG!

I went on a 3-and-a-half-year journey that involved fitness, improving my health, building my self confidence and learning to love life that I’d like to share.

It all began when I went in for a doctor’s visit and learned that I was 275 pounds. I was blown away! I decided—right away—to change what I was eating and to start exercising. I used a treadmill and the 10 Minute Solution Kickbox Bootcamp DVD, Monday through Friday and started eating homemade muffins, huge salads and drinking lots and lots of water! I would become discouraged when I would plateau at intervals in my weight: 185-190, 170-175 and 160-165. I would literally be stuck for two to three months at these weights, but I kept on.

I am now at 135 pounds and have more energy than ever! I have a healthy relationship with food, enjoy exercising six days a week and just love life! I hope my story inspires some Fit Bottomed Girls’ readers to persevere on their weight-loss journeys.

Ivori

A big thanks to Ivori for sharing her weight-loss success story with us! You inspire us! —Jenn

Comments

1. Chris says

I’m impressed with a loss of 140 pounds! How did you get your skin to tighten up after losing the weight? I’ve lost only 45 pounds but find the skin in my stomach area just won’t firm up. It’s very discouraging.

2. Chrissy says

So inspiring! I agree with Chris–I have issues with my skin too. Especially in my arms, but if after 140 lbs of weight loss Ivori can look like that? I can do it too!

3. says

Hi Chris & Chrissy !
    I noticed at the 170 pound mark that my skin on my torso was loose too ! I added in 1-20 minutes AB Video per workout day from the Incredible Abs Series by Cindy Whitmarsh. You can find her workout videos on Exercise TV.TV and use them for FREE !

4. Jaclyn says

Great story. Thank you! I came to this post looking for inspiration this morning and feel inspired by your story. I just had my 4th baby and am needing to lose 20-30 pounds. I’ve just started back at the gym and eating healthy for the last two days. Thank you for sharing your story.

5. vicki says

Dear Ivori, Thank you for sharing. You look like the epitomy of fit and happy. Be proud and enjoy it to the hilt!

6. says

wow girl. i have been watching you on youtube and i clicked your link and i cant believe how amazing you look and your weight used to be at where im at now. i really need to lose weight. hopefully i can get tips from you.