Best Workout Songs of 2011 Playlist!
Oh, girlies, it was a great year for workout music. From hip-hop tracks to pop to some—let’s be honest—hilarity (I’m talking about you, LMFAO), along with your suggestions from Facebook and Twitter, we’ve rounded up a playlist of the best workout songs of 2011. Running about 40 minutes long, it’s perfect for just about any workout you love. Will 2012 stack up? We certainly hope so!
Best Workout Songs of 2011
- (2:50) Who’s that Chick, David Guetta featuring Rihanna: Start your workout off with a dance beat in this fun track that’s sure to get you warmed up and fired up! Who’s that chick? You’re that chick!
- (3:21) Moves Like Jagger, Maroon Five featuring Christina Aguilera: We’ve been obsessed with this song since it came out in 2011. It’s just the right mix of fun, funky and sexy.
- (4:44) On the Floor, Jennifer Lopez featuring Pitbull: Oh, J-Lo we’re so happy you’re back on the workout-music block! And “On the Floor”? Seriously, one of your finest. Makes us want to get on the floor—the workout floor that is!
- (3:23) Dynamite, Taio Cruz: Yeah, we throw our hands up in the air sometimes, too! This song truly is—wait for it—dynamite for workouts. Upbeat with a nice message to celebrate life, it’s one that will help you to pick up the pace!
- (3:50) E.T., Katy Perry featuring Kanye West: Time to go to outer space! This extra-terrestrial song is extra good for workouts, making it one of the best songs of 2011!
- (3:19) Super Bass, Nicki Minaj: If you need to slow things down a bit, but not too much, this song is perfect. Whether it’s for a walk, recovery during interval work or even some upbeat yoga, Nicki Minaj knows what’s up. We expect more great workout songs from her in 2012!
- (4:20) Born This Way, Lady Gaga: The anthem of monsters everywhere, this Gaga track is Madonna’s “Express Yourself” for 2011. We love. Work out the way you were born to—like a Fit Bottomed Girl!
- (3:35) We Found Love, Rihanna: This workout song may start out slow, but don’t let it fool you. With a techno thumpin’ beat, it’s great for lifting weights or as a recovery song during intervals.
- (3:58) Till the World Ends, Britney Spears: Oh, Brit, Brit! How we love thee. And while you may dance till the world ends, we’ll be working out till the world ends with this one!
- (3:19) Sexy and I Know It, LMFAO: You all knew we had to include “Sexy and I Know It,” right? It’s so obvious. And oh-so hilarious. Sure to pump up any workout!
- (4:27) Love on Top, Beyoncé: Cool it on down with this 2011 Beyoncé track that feels a bit like a throwback to Stevie Wonder and Whitney Houston. You know, also known as “awesome.”
What do you think was the best workout song of 2011? Tell us in the comments! —Jenn