Lacey Schwimmer is kind of the queen of the dancing reality-TV world. She’s appeared on both SYTYCD and DWTS, and she can pretty much rock any style of dance you throw at her. As someone who has always relied on dancing to keep her strong and fit, she just recently partnered with Lady Foot Locker to help promote a healthy and active lifestyle for women with a series of dance-inspired workout tips online. We got to chat with Lacey about her new gig, how she stays fit and how she’s handled some not-so-nice media reports about her weight (we personally love how real she is). Read on!
Interview with Dancer Lacey Schwimmer
- FBG: Why have you decided to work with Lady Foot Locker?
- LS: Lady Foot Locker’s VIP Program embraces all women, no matter shape or size. They promote a healthy lifestyle… that’s what I’m all about! They created a VIP program for discounts and incentives for their consumers, I knew I had to be part of that! I love a discount!
- FBG: Your dance-inspired workout moves and tips for Lady Foot Locker are really fun. How did you come up with them?
- LS: I worked closely with Lady Foot Locker to come up with some simple but effective moves for every woman.
- FBG: Is dancing your only form of working out? Or do you do other exercises?
- LS: Well, I’m not the typical gym bunny. You won’t see me at the gym, but I move every day—I’m cleaning around my house, walking my dogs, laughing with my friends or dancing in the studio.
- FBG: You’ve starred on both DWTS and SYTYCD. Which one was your favorite to be on? To watch?
- LS: Well, of course, DWTS—haha! But I will always be grateful to SYTYCD and the time I was on that show. DWTS is so amazing; we are a close family.
- FBG: Is there one style of dance that is best for burning calories? What about toning?
- LS: No real style of dancing is “better” than another… just remember to move! Close your eyes and dance like there is no one in the room!
- FBG: How do you keep your workouts fresh and fun?
- LS: I’m always coming up with new moves, new routines—sometimes I think I dream dance, too.
- FBG: Your weight has been the focus of many articles and blog posts around the web. We personally think you look great and are bringing some realness to Hollywood, but how has this media attention affected you?
- LS: At first, the attention was a little overwhelming. I’m in my 20′s now—I love my body, I love my curves. Working with Lady Foot Locker’s VIP Program has enabled me to have a larger platform to help all women feel good about their bodies!
- FBG: What are your three favorite songs to work out to right now?
- LS: LMFAO’s “Sexy and I Know It,” Rihanna’s “We Found Love,” and my song “Love Soundz.”
- FBG: What’s the best piece of advice you’ve ever received?
- LS: Be myself; don’t try to be something you are not. It’s helped me stay grounded in this crazy world!
- FBG: What’s the No. 1 tip you can give our readers to be healthier, happier and more fit?
- LS: I know I say this a lot, but its so true: just keep moving! If you’re having trouble doing my videos, just walk around the block for a few days, get your stamina going and work up to my videos. Who knows? Maybe someday you will be on DWTS!
- FBG: Anything else you’d like to add or tell our FBG readers?
- LS: Always love yourself!
A big thanks to Lacey for talking to us! We love her real-girl, real-world tips! —Jenn