Poll: Has a Workout Ever ‘Injured’ You?

workout injury

Has a workout injury ever sent you to the doctor? Credit: Perfecto Insecto

We sure have been talking about getting injured a lot lately! Tish recently underwent toe surgery, Erin’s pregnancy is causing her a world of discomfort and, well, let’s just say that Kristen has some interesting training issues going on. Not to mention that I’ve suffered my fair share of ironic workout injury. From the comments on all of these recent posts, it’s obvious that the FBGs are not alone in the Pain Department. But we thought it best to put it to a poll. Be it your pride or your physical body, tell us, have you ever suffered a workout injury?

Can’t see the poll? Click here to tell us about your workout injury experience!

We imagine ya’ll have some good stories to tell on this one, so please elaborate and share your workout-injury experiences (or lucky lack thereof) in the comments! —Jenn

Comments

1. Kat says

I struggle to say that my workout was the cause when it was actually my ego. I teach and practice yoga and ended up straining my hamstrings at the insertion point on the pelvis because of forcing forward folds. Took about 6 weeks for the inflammation to resolve. But,I can’t blame that on yoga because I should have known better.

2. D says

After 10 days of vaca from everything, i over ambitiously took on a Body by Jake Extreme DVD on Weds. I kid you not when i say i could not walk without pain until yesterday (Sat.); i only now transition from the pain zone to the sore zone….

3. says

When I did ballet in high school I (obviously) damaged my feet a few times. Besides hairline fractures, I also ended up with scars on the soles of my feet from super-deep blisters. Ew.

4. Sara says

Knees knees knees. By not listening to my knees when they were getting sore and continuing to push workouts past painful, I lost several weeks of being able to workout. It was after the fact that I noticed I was hyperextending them during my cardio routine on the ARCtrainer. Worked really hard to create new muscle memory and make sure that does NOT happen again. And now when my knees are sore, I listen instead of push it.

5. says

The worst was when I was training for my first half marathon and on my last “long run” during training I somehow managed to fracture my foot. A painful stress fracture and being sidelined for many weeks and not being able to do the half crushed me! :(

6. says

The worst happened to my friend. She was doing P90X and towards the end of the 90 days she injured her back to the point of having spinal surgery!

7. Lindsay says

I fractured my foot during a 10 mile race, but I didn’t know during it (thankfully) so I kept running and finished, then once everything else stopped hurting, I was like hey I still can’t stand on my foot… I also once fell off an arc trainer and ended up on crutches, but idk if that counts. lol

8. says

I guess I’m not in tune with my body while working out because I separated my shoulder working out one day and I had no idea until a few hours later when I wasn’t able to move my arm anymore. Since I couldn’t really say how/when it happened, the doctor at urgent care thought that I had been a victim of domestic violence and wouldn’t admit it. I also tore a tendon in my elbow (over a period of a few months) from doing too much P90X and TRX. It’s just now (mostly) healed after 13 months.