One of the reasons we love working out so much is that it builds confidence. When you put your mind to something and do it, you learn to trust and value yourself—and you also begin to wonder, “What else can I accomplish?” Oh, what a powerful question! But just in case you need a few extra ways to boost your self-image (hey, who doesn’t?!), we’ve put together a list of five tips to help. As part of the Move Confidently Dove Clear Tone Anti-Perspirant/Deodorant & FBG campaign, these tips will help you to do just that: move confidently!
1. Set small goals—and reward yourself. Tackling a big goal is scary. But little goals where you get treats along the way? So much easier. Whether it’s weight-loss, changing your diet or working out, break big goals into small goals and then every few weeks, reward yourself with some good stuff for staying on track. It can be something as simple as a magazine, a workout-music download or even a hot bath. Make it something you look forward to and will work for! With repeated success comes confidence!
2. Stop the comparison trap. We women get really wrapped up into comparing ourselves to others, be it our bodies, careers, marital status, kids, etc. But let’s face it: you’ll never be the best at everything. And even if you could be, where’s the fun in that? Celebrate your imperfections and learn to run your own race—not someone else’s.
3. Dress the part. Want to be confident? Dress confidently. That doesn’t mean slathering on the make-up before you hit the gym, but it does mean wearing clothes you feel great in that show off your best assets. It also means choosing the right deodorant. For instance, Dove’s new Clear Tone Anti-Perspirant/Deodorant is perfect for correcting underarm redness—plus it keeps you dry during workouts and smells good. Made with calendula, sunflower seed extracts and unique Dove moisturizers, this new anti-perspirant/deodorant helps accelerate the natural skin-renewal process leaving you all pretty. That way you can focus on what matters—your workout!
4. Create a feel-good ritual or affirmation. Behold the power of positive affirmations! And, no, they don’t have to be super cheesy, but they do have to make you feel good. Whether it’s enjoying your cup of Joe while reflecting on all the things you’re grateful for or dancing in front of your mirror while doing your best impersonation of this little ball of sunshine, do something every single day where you focus on the good. (Note, we do this in FBG Life, and it WORKS!) It’s easier to be confident when you realize how much you have going for you!
5. Replace perfection with acceptance. So, you may always have your mother’s thighs or feet that are two sizes larger than you’d like—but…so what?! Instead of focusing on what you’d like to change about yourself, celebrate what you love about you. Perfection is for the birds…love what your mother gave you and then work on becoming the best version of yourself inside and out—not to change yourself, but to become more YOU.
Has working out improved your self confidence? What tips to build confidence would you add to this list? Love Dove’s new Clear Tone Anti-Perspirant/Deodorant as much as we do? (Especially the Dove Clear Tone Clinical Anti-Perspirant/Deodorant—we adore!) Do share! —Jenn