Checking Out Reebok CrossFit, HQ and So Much More!

reebok

Believe me. It's even more impressive in person. Credit: Reebok

If someone had asked me what the first thing that came to my mind was after hearing “Reebok” a few weeks ago, I probably would have said those high-top white aerobics shoes from the 80s. But now what would I say, after spending a full day at Reebok HQ on behalf of FitFluential? Well, I’d say “bad ass,” or “I want to work there.”

Reebok had a group of bloggers flown out to their headquarters in Canton, Mass., for a full day of what Reebok is all about: fitness. We got to learn about its 10-year deal as CrossFit’s official partner (dude, the sport of fitness HAS arrived), meet with its top shoe designers, hear about its latest apparel and footwear (including some top-secret stuff you’ll get to learn more about in the coming months—whee!), see how they make models for their shoes, and so much more. It was seriously quite the fit day.

Trying Reebok CrossFit

reebok

A lot of thought and research goes into these Reebok shoes, folks!

While we’ll be reviewing much of the gear from the day soon (preview: we loved this shoe so much from the get-go that it won a Fittie!), today I wanted to share a few photos from the event and talk about the workout that Reebok is all over: CrossFit. In fact, they have a huge “box” (what the CrossFitters call a gym) at Reebok and offer classes multiple times a day for their employees to take.

Oh, and it’s staffed by Austin Malleolo, who is just one of the best CrossFit athletes on the planet, along with other super-talented peeps. Can you imagine? “Hey, co-worker, want to take a break from these TPS reports and go do Fran with a guy who can do it in 2:14?” Um, yes, please.

Comments

1. Meredith H. says

I was just saying yesterday how impressed I am with the products that Reebok has put out over the past couple of years (all I could think of was awful all-black or all-white high tops they used to put out). The crossfit deal doesn’t hurt!

2. Jeanne says

I’m dying to try CrossFit, but I’m not sure I’m fit enough yet. I’ve dropped almost 60 lbs in the past year, still have 50 to go. How you you know when your ready Jenn? And how do you find a box? There’s a couple in my area, but I’m not an athlete (yet!) so I have to feel comfortable or I won’t go.

3. Keetha says

Great question, Jeanne. Last Saturday I watched part of the 2011 Reebok CrossFit Championship and wow! Unbelievable.

I’d like to give it a try but am uncertain I could do *any* of it and plus, I live in a rural area and there’s no CrossFit anywhere around that I know of.

4. Jenn says

If it’s a good box, they should be able to modify all of the moves so that anyone can do them at her own level. Honestly, there’s no “preparing” for CrossFit. You can expect to work harder than you ever have before when you go, but leaving feeling more accomplished than ever. I’d talk to a few boxes in your area and get a feel for what they’re about. The best ones are ones where community and attention to proper form is #1! :)

Let me know how it goes!!!

–FBG Jenn

5. Jeanne says

Thanks Jenn! I’m working up my courage. There’s 2 in my area so I’m gonna check them out.

Keetha – I know! I’ve got a friend from high school that’s super into CrossFit and she posted a pic of her doing a pushup in handstand position. Yikes, I’m dying to be that stong! We’ll get there.

6. Coach Katriel says

I’ve been doing CrossFit for almost 2 years and am a CrossFit certified trainer. I definitely recommend trying it out at a CrossFit affiliated gym so you’re to have trainers there to watch how you’re doing and check your form (So you can safe) and also they can help scale the workout to whatever level you’re at when you come in. As a trainer, I’ve seen all levels of people-from competitive athletes to couch potatoes-come through and try a workout, and eventually increase their fitness because of CrossFit.