What’s On Erin’s Fitness Bucket List?
We’re talking fitness bucket lists—you know, the stuff we want to do before we die—for this edition of Question of the Week! Yeah, it’s a little morbid, but it’s fun to share the stuff we really, really want to do!
I tend to be a creature of habit. I know what I like and what I don’t like, and I stick with it. Sure, I push myself out of my comfort zone occasionally to spice things up and keep my body guessing, but I tend to stick with what I know. But when I think about my fitness bucket list? It’s all about going outside of my comfort zone!
Erin’s Fitness Bucket List
1. Try rock-climbing. This has been on my list forever, yet I’ve never gotten around to doing it! My new gym does have a rock-climbing wall though, so I’m hoping to get to scaling that thing sooner rather than later.
2. Take a surf lesson. Even though I’m terrified of ocean and lake water because of all of the sharks and creatures waiting to nibble on me, I think it would be really fun to learn how to surf. Plus, it requires a wonderful tropical vacation to go along with it, and I’m all for that!
3. Go hiking in the Grand Canyon. The Grand Canyon is awe-inspiring, and I’d love to do a hike there. Or ride a mule. I’d be happy either way!
4. Go whitewater rafting. Hitting the rapids has always been on my list. Anyone know of some gentle rapids for beginners?
5. Active pursuits with the family. Right now, family fitness consists of trips to the park and me carrying both kiddos up a flight of stairs at once (great for strength!). And while I’m not wishing time away, I look forward to the day when we can all do active stuff together. Fun runs, hiking, swimming, skiing. So much fit fun awaits!
What’s not on the list? A marathon. While I admire the accomplishment, I just cannot fathom doing it myself. Scaling Everest is also not on my list.
What about you? Any of yours the same as mine? —Erin