Question of the Week

These Are Our Confessions: Jenn’s Fitness Confessions

Me, confessing FBG-style.

We’ve done embarrassing momentsfitness truths and love letters. For this Question of the Week though, we’re getting super honest—fitness confessional style.

Last month, Erin did a fabulous post about “mom confessions.” I loved the idea and thought, “Hey, that would be fun to do a fitness version, too, right?” Right. And if we’re going to get really honest about it, shouldn’t we do it in a video like we’re really confessing? Seems only right! So watch on for me getting super-duper personal (to the point of embarrassing) and sharing three of my fitness confessions. Please, don’t judge…

Guys, tell me I’m not alone in any of these. Please? (And I promise I’ll stretch and shower tonight. I can’t control the dancing and singing though. Sorry!) —Jenn

Comments

1. Mik of the Plains says

You are not alone!

I too will sing and dance if the song is right. I also will laugh out loud if I’m watching TV on a machine at the gym and something strikes me as funny. No spit takes yet, but I’ve been close a few times. ;-)

As for the showering, I can’t go very long. Even riding my bike to work on a cool day and not showering is a challenge for me.

Have a great day!
    Mik

2. Melissa says

When I’m working out to DVDs I talk back to the TV. I guess I’ve gotten so used to it that now that when I’m in a class I talk back to the teacher. I keep it G-rated in the gym. If she says ’5 more’ I’ll say something like “Are you kidding me?”. At home, it’s another story.

3. Tasha says

Confession: I always follow up a workout with something sweet. I work off 500+ calories and then have a bowl of ice cream or some cookies. I just can’t deny the sweet tooth!

4. Maggie says

I do this dorky finger shake fist pump thing when there is a song I really like when I’m out running, it’s sort of subconscious and when I realize I’m doing it I embrace it (after looking both ways to see if anyone saw me).

5. Julie says

I do every single one of these things. I take a small group training class after work and I’m the only female. I love to dance around while the guys take their turns on the equipment and to liven things up, they are too serious! Then I go home to make dinner – my husband always asks if I’m going to shower! Eventually I do.

I never stretch and that is so bad! If I’m pressed for time, I’d rather get my cardio in.

6. Steph says

You are not alone. I actually don’t really like showering. I will go a day or two without showering even if I have worked out each of those days. There are just so many other things that need to get done before I take time to shower. Sometimes I don’t because I am going to go play a sport that night or go sweat some more later and then it just gets put off.

7. Maria says

Confession: my running shoes are from the little boys section. They were only $40! FYI: little boys size 6 is women’s size 8

8. says

I totally lip-sync to whatever song I happen to be listening to on my ipod while running whether outside or on the treadmill. I usually find a focal point to look at while running (like my neck =p) and occasionally look up and see myself lip-syncing in the mirror and wonder how many people have been watching me zone-out while running and lip-syncing. Also, I run in Five Fingers and if I don’t put them in the washing machine every couple of days they begin to stink like a dead animal. I will wear them even if I know they are kinda stinky and then in the gym I will start to smell my own feet while running and be wondering who else can smell them and it is pretty embarrassing. :/

9. says

hahahah I do all of these and I’m a fitness professional!
    I sing in my classes!!! Yes on the mic :) Compulsory to come to my classes with a sense of humor! Hell I sing whenever I get the chance! Love it, enjoy life!
    I don’t stretch as often as I should, same with foam rolling. For the amount of exercise I do I don’t stretch nearly enough! Yoga once a week though! So that helps ;)
    I don’t shower immediately afterwards, and like you will sometimes wait. My shower time is usually afternoons.

Maria! I’ve bought kids shoes before too!!! There has to be a benefit of small feet!

10. says

Haha. I think most of us are guilty at least of one or two (if not all) of these blunders. But it’s alright, as long as we have a great workout almost everything is allowed :) .