Rocco Dispirito knows food. This celebrity chef owns restaurants, writes cookbooks, has appeared on Top Chef and The Biggest Loser and he gets it: When you cook, you can control your ingredients and make super tasty yet healthy foods! And that’s the whole basis of his new show, Eat This! with Rocco Dispirito, which is showing in select cities nationwide (check your listings—hehe, I’ve always wanted to say that).
In it, he challenges families and individuals to make over their diets and adopt healthier lifestyles by cooking “Rocco style.” Each week, he shows people how to maximize the value and flavor of their favorite meals with the right recipes, ingredients and cooking skills. To get more of the scoop on his new show and an insider peek at how this celebrity chef stays fit, we got to ask him a few questions!
Interview with Celebrity Chef Rocco Dispirito
- FBG: How did this show come about?
- RD: I wanted to show people how to cook the recipes in my book rather than just write them. And I’m very concerned about our obesity problem and wanted to help in some way.
- FBG: In the show description, it says you show people how to cook “Rocco Style”? What does this mean?
- RD: It’s when healthy and delicious are not mutually exclusive.
- FBG: What are three unique cooking tips or ingredient swaps that people don’t do but should do to be healthier?
- RD: Drink skim milk, replace sugar with stevia and replace most dairy, butter and cheese with fat-free Greek yogurt.
- FBG: What’s your fitness routine like?
- RD: It’s a mix of intense cardio with light-weight resistance five days a week.
- FBG: Anything else you’d like to add?
- RD: Yes, living a healthy lifestyle and indulging your taste buds is possible. All you have to do is cook just a little bit.
A man of few words, but good words and a great message. We’re excited to watch the show! Are you? —Jenn