‘Read’ While You Work Out: 6 Audiobooks to Make Your Workout Go By Fast
We’re all about using whatever little tricks and tips we can to make workouts more fun. From super-fun workout playlists and podcasts to help pass the time (and teach us something!), we’re always looking for new ways to get and stay motivated. And one of the new ways we’re having fun with recently? Audiobooks! Whether it’s getting through a long training run or just making the most of 20 minutes on the elliptical, it’s a fabulous multitasking good time.
While you can get almost all of the major books on audiobook these days, we thought it might be fun to highlight a few of the hottest titles of this fall. So read on for top picks from Macmillan Audio, which publishes some of the biggest books of the year along with beloved classics. Whether you’re into history, celebrity memoir, politics, thrillers, young adult, meditation, science, chick lit or science fiction, they probably have something that will make you want to run those extra miles…
6 Audiobooks to Listen to When You Work Out
1. Gangster Squad by Paul Lieberman, narrated by Robert Petkoff. This is the audiobook that inspired the major motion picture to be released this January starring Ryan Gosling and Sean Penn!
2. The Other Woman by Hank Phillipi Ryan, read by Ilyana Kadushin. This fast-paced mystery/thriller has a new, knock-your-socks-off heroine.
3. Midst Toil and Tribulation by David Weber, read by Oliver Wyman. For all you SciFi fans out there, this is the latest in Weber’s otherworldly series!
4. Rogue by Mark Sullivan, read by Jeff Gurner. An action-packed international crime novel that will make any workout go by in seconds.
5. The Walking Dead Book 2 by Robert Kirkman and Jay Bonansinga, read by Fred Berman. The next book in the accompanying series to the hit comic books and TV show!
6. Meet Me At Emotional Baggage Claim by Lisa Scottoline and Francesca Serritella, read by the authors. A series of hilarious essays by the bestselling novelist and her daughter.
Ever listened to an audiobook while you work out or train for a race? Read anything good? Share it with us! —Jenn