Anyone else think of Gabby Reece as a fit role model who makes living healthy and happy look damn easy and fabulous? I don’t know what it is about beach volleyball players, but they all just seem so darn easy-going. And did we mention fit?
Well, if you’ve ever wondered what helps motivate Ms. Reece, you’re in luck, because today we have her workout playlist! This pro beach volleyball star recently joined forces with Rhapsody to create a customized playlist from her top songs that help her train and stay fit while on the go.
“Because most of my workouts involve circuit training, my music has steady and strong beats,” she tells FBG in an email interview. “I wouldn’t listen to my workout playlist while in the car or trying to relax. It’s perfect for non-stop moving exercises that are in my circuit workouts or for a spinning session.”
Seeing that we have pretty eclectic workout music taste ourselves, we’re digging her high-energy mix!
Gabby Reece’s Workout Playlist
- Bob Marley, Lively Up Yourself
- Bob Marley, So Much Trouble in the World
- Radiohead, Everything in Its Right Place
- Clash, Straight to Hell
- Neil Young, Southern Man
- Method Man, Bring the Pain
- Nina Simone, Feeling Good
- The Decemberists, The Crane Wife 3
- Peter Tosh, Johnny B. Goode
- Pearl Jam, Better Man
- Beatles, Let it Be
- Mazzy Star, Fade into You
- John Lennon, Imagine
- Vast, Touched
- Led Zeppelin, Stairway to Heaven
- Too Short, Blow the Whistle
- The Who, Baba O’Riley
- Dr. Dre, Nothing But a ‘G’ Thang
- Lynyrd Skynyrd, Sweet Home Alabama
Anyone who can mix Dr. Dre, Radiohead and The Decemberists is A-okay in our book! Talk about a fun workout! For more on Gabby Reece, including her thoughts on music, motherhood, fitness and being married to hunky Laird Hamilton, click here.
In the mean time, tell us: Did Gabby give you any new workout music tunes to add to your iPod? We’re so adding Nina Simone to ours. How did we not have that already?! —Jenn