Dude. Spring is just around the corner. And with spring—at least for us—comes the need to want to do something new and fresh! So when THE Gin Miller (um, she’s a fitness icon!) offered to put together a time- and space-saving kettlebell workout, we grabbed our bells and got to swinging. Now you go do the same!
Gin Miller’s Kettlebell Workout
Gin recommends using the new 3-in-1 Kettlebell from Empower
Beginners, try doing the below moves for two minutes each, for a total of a 14-minute workout. Intermediate, do each move for three minutes, for a 21-minute workout and advanced exercisers, shoot for two minutes of each move and then go through the full circuit twice for a killer 28-minute workout. And, of course, do a little warming up and cooling down before and after this kettlebell workout!
1. Double-Arm Swing
• Start with kettlebell in both hands and feet shoulder-width apart.
• Swing kettlebell between legs, shifting your weight back.
• Aggressively thrust your hips forward, driving through your heels, extending spine and tightening glutes and thighs.
• Bring kettlebell up to chest height.
• With complete control, return kettlebell back to hike position by sitting back into your hips.
• When kettlebell reaches top of the swing, it should feel almost weightless. Be sure to use your hips and legs to move kettlebell, not your arms.