A Time-Saving Kettlebell Workout from Gin Miller
Dude. Spring is just around the corner. And with spring—at least for us—comes the need to want to do something new and fresh! So when THE Gin Miller (um, she’s a fitness icon!) offered to put together a time- and space-saving kettlebell workout, we grabbed our bells and got to swinging. Now you go do the same!
Gin Miller’s Kettlebell Workout
Gin recommends using the new 3-in-1 Kettlebell from Empower
Beginners, try doing the below moves for two minutes each, for a total of a 14-minute workout. Intermediate, do each move for three minutes, for a 21-minute workout and advanced exercisers, shoot for two minutes of each move and then go through the full circuit twice for a killer 28-minute workout. And, of course, do a little warming up and cooling down before and after this kettlebell workout!
1. Double-Arm Swing
• Start with kettlebell in both hands and feet shoulder-width apart.
• Swing kettlebell between legs, shifting your weight back.
• Aggressively thrust your hips forward, driving through your heels, extending spine and tightening glutes and thighs.
• Bring kettlebell up to chest height.
• With complete control, return kettlebell back to hike position by sitting back into your hips.
• When kettlebell reaches top of the swing, it should feel almost weightless. Be sure to use your hips and legs to move kettlebell, not your arms.