You may already know that everything you do burns calories—breathing, sleeping, standing, and all of the workouts you love. But what does it take to burn just 100 calories? You may be surprised by how little—or how much! To put it all in perspective for you, we’ve gathered 50 different ways how to burn 100 calories. (FYI: Values are approximate and based on a 150-pound lady.) From standard moves you do at the gym to everyday chores around the home, you can burn 100 calories in just a few short minutes of your day.
Just keep in mind though that not all movement is created equal. In order to classify an activity as a cardio ”exercise,” you must be working at 60-80% of your maximum heart rate. However, even though periods of less intense activity may not count as part of your workout, they still provide health benefits and burn extra calories. So let’s get to feeling the burn with these 50 ways how to burn 100 calories!
50 Ways How to Burn 100 Calories
- Biking: 23 minutes of casual cycling
- Cardio dance class: 15 minutes
- Elliptical: 8 minutes
- Jumping rope: 9 minutes at a moderate intensity
- Lifting weights, vigorously: 15 minutes
- Pilates: 24 minutes
- Rowing machine: 13 minutes
- Running stairs: 6 minutes
- Running: 9 minutes of running at a 6 mph pace
- Swimming: 15 minutes moderate intensity
Keep reading by clicking here for 40 more ways to burn 100 calories! —Erin