There are a plethora of workout playlists any good FBG needs to keep in her files: She needs the slow jams for the cool downs and the moderately fast tracks for the majority of the sweat sessions. But she must also keep an ever-changing workout playlist of really fast songs for those workouts that require a super-charged, motivating beat. Enter some relatively recent and relatively old school fast tunes for your listening delight!
A Fast-Beat Workout Playlist: Manic Muscle Music
1. Breathe, Fabolous. My favorite part is when he starts gasping for air. For some reason the irony of that fuels me during a run.
2. Good Vibrations, Marky Mark. I care not how old this song is! It comes on, and I immediately find energy I didn’t know I had.
3. Tambourine, Eve. You WILL start to move like a fast-shaking tambourine. Be warned.
4. Mama Said Knock You Out, LL Cool J. How I adore the gangsta! Plus, I love a man who listens to what females have to say.
5. Bombs Over Baghdad, OutKast. This is still THE most played song on my workout playlists. If you know of a faster beat, please share!
6. Kick, Push, Lupe Fiasco. This is one of the milder beats on the list, but it still has enough oomph to keep my pace fast and happy.
7. Show Me What You Got, Jay Z. Big band mixed with some hip-hop … pure peppy pace magic for muscles.
I’m forever on a mission to find all the fast ones. FIND ALL THE FAST THINGS! If you have some goodies I didn’t list, please share! One can never have too many of these gems in their workout playlist stash… — Tish