Hey, gang! So you’re planning to start the New Year off right with a good old-fashioned sweat session but are looking for just the right playlist to get you excited about the next 12 months. Well, we took the stress and struggle of musical curating and created a perfectly fun and inspiring collection of workout songs for all of our fellow Fit Bottomed Girls to ring in the New Year. You’re welcome!
10 Workouts Songs to Fire Up Your New Year Workouts
1. U2, “New Year’s Day” (3:53). Okay, so it is just a teensy bit obvious to pick this one from U2, but if you are looking for a song with a steady beat to start off your workout, it is a winner!
2. The Black Eyed Peas, “Let’s Get It Started” (3:39). It’s a New Year and we are all about looking forward to new beginnings. This tune will help you kick that motivation in high gear.
3. Katy Perry, “Firework” (3:47). What is a New Year’s Day celebration without fireworks? Nothing! So we say “boom, boom, boom” away and enjoy this one!
4. Outkast, “Hey Ya!” (3:55). Now it is time to kick up that pace a notch and just “shake it like a Polaroid picture.” How much more joyful and “New Year’s-y” can you get?
5. Pink, “Get the Party Started” (3:11). Keeping with the party motif, we will now kick it with Alecia Beth (Pink) Moore with this classic gem.
6. LMFAO, “Party Rock Anthem” (4:22). Did someone say “party?” This jam always works to get you psyched for cool new things and people.
7. Florence + the Machine, “Ship to Wreck” (4:02). Let’s just say you had just a little too much fun on New Year’s Eve and you need some hard charging cardio to detox. This one from Florence + the Machine will help sweat out the damage and get you back into warrior mode!
8. Drake, “Hotline Bling” (4:19). New Year’s is also a time to feel a little melancholy for relationships over the past 12 months — and nothing captures that better than this smooth groove from Drake. “You used … you used … you used …”
9. Tegan and Sarah, “Everything is Awesome” (2:43). You are about to start a whole new year, so let this song help you garner the most positive mindset possible. Because everything is indeed awesome when you are living out a dream!
10. Moby with Wayne Coyne, “The Perfect Life” (3:46). It’s time to cool down, and this one by Moby will get you all kinds of eager to strive, achieve and reach your goals as you wind down.
Now get the playlist on Spotify!
Workout Songs for the New Year Spotify Playlist
So what workout songs did we miss that help you get psyched up for the New Year? —Margo