We’re just a week and a half from the official start of spring. Which has us feeling like this.
Because spring is the start of vegetable season! Yes, there are plenty of awesome winter veggies (we’re looking at you, kale). But spring brings asparagus, greens, lettuce, peas, beans and tons of fruits. Plus flowers and sunshine and wonderful running weather! Not to mention that spring is one step closer to summer. And YOU KNOW HOW WE FEEL ABOUT SUMMER.
Feel the same? Celebrate spring early with these healthy spring recipes from around the Fit Bottomed World. They are a wonderfully delicious way to usher spring in a few days early.
- Warm Moroccan Couscous Salad. SO fresh and bright.
- Spring Pea and Asparagus Salad. They don’t call them “spring peas” for nothing.
- Tofu and Berry Homemade Popsicles. Nothing says good weather like popsicles!
- Chilled Avocado and Avocado Soup. Green as grass. But tastes a lot better.
- Peppermint Patty Green Smoothie. It is almost St. Patrick’s Day, after all!
- Raspberry Chia Pudding. Sick of smoothies? Have this for breakfast — or dessert!
- Six-Layer Salad. Because six layers is better than one.
- Citrus-Seared Wild Salmon. Nothing fishy about it.
- Arugula and Pear Salad With Toasted Walnuts. It’s as good as it sounds, guys.
- Salmon Burgers With Herbed Sherry Mayo. Cat Cora knows what’s up.
- Queso Fresco, Cayenne, Cilantro and Lime Popcorn. Pair with sauv blanc.
- Grilled Avocado and Romaine Salad. Worth firing up the grill for.
- Green Juice Cocktail. Because who doesn’t love a good refreshing cocktail?
What foods have you feeling like it’s spring? I know that as soon as my big-ass salad cravings kick in, spring is pretty much here! —Jenn