You know who’s funny and ridiculously fit and gracious? Tony Horton.
For this episode of our podcast, we got to talk to him and had THE BEST conversation. (Side note: he also gave us close to an hour of his time, which is super amazing for someone as busy as he is!) We chatted with the P90x superstar about his new military-inspired 22-Minute Hard Corps workout and the inspiration for its very being, as well as how he now trains his body in his 50s versus when he was a “young punk in the 1980s,” and he gives us on the scoop on his time training some seriously big rockstars. Like, not to name names (oh, we totally name names), but … The Boss is involved.
Here are just a couple of quotables from our convo …
Podcast Episode 8 Highlights With Tony Horton
- How he transformed himself from a self-admitted “98-pound weakling” to the creator of some of the best-selling workout DVDs of the last 20 years
- His beginning as a stand-up comedian and how that stage training helps him motivate people now
- The all-star clientele he trained for years in Los Angeles including Bruce Springsteen, Tom Petty, Annie Lenox and the time Billy Idol surprised him with a rather, um, memorable greeting
- His belief in cross-training and the gymnastic moves he incorporates into his workouts
- His new skin care line, TH Care
Get the ep with Tony Horton here or below!
Funny and inspirational, right? Besides the hilarious celeb stories, I loved his take on aging. So true! —Jenn