5 Books to Love Yourself Healthy

love-yourself-435

So many new books this time of year are selling draconian, restrictive eating plans and super-tough workouts. But what if you’re looking for a loving way to eat and move in a healthier way? We’ve got some suggestions on how to love yourself healthy. 1. Love Your Muscles Jennifer Cohen’s Strong is …
Read More

How Yoga Taught Me to Love Myself

yoga-love-435

We are thrilled to have Anagha Bharadwaj filling FBG in on why she loves yoga so much! She attended Michigan State University and spent roughly 60 percent of her time in the library, trying to find new research sources for one paper or the other and the other 40 percent working out (or making …
Read More

6 Tips to Get the Most From Your First Yoga Festival

first-yoga-festival-435

Recently I attended the Brooklyn Wanderlust 108 5K run, yoga and meditation festival and had such a fantastic time getting my "chi" in gear that I pondered and gathered the best advice for all of you future yoga festival attendees to have the most wonderful time possible, too. (By the way, …
Read More

Tips for Your First Hot Yoga Class

first-hot-yoga-class-435

For a self-described “fit chick” with an adventurous streak, I am almost embarrassed to admit that I only tried my first hot yoga class this past summer after a friend of mine cajoled me for over a year to give it a go. I had heard all kinds of scary stories about skeevy instructors, …
Read More

The ‘Om’ Before the Storm: The Wanderlust Festival in Brooklyn

wanderlust-festival-435

The Wanderlust 108 5K run, yoga and meditation festival came to Brooklyn’s Prospect Park on a rainy Saturday --- but no gray skies or threats of storms could affect the positive vibes of the thousands of hippies, hipsters, hardcore runners and yoga lovers looking to get their “chi” in …
Read More

Fall Fitness: 5 Workouts to Do

fall fitness workouts

What's your fall fitness plan? And don't tell me it involves trading out your bathing suit for stretchy pants because you just want to get cozy on the couch with all manner of pumpkin-flavored treats. Not that I'm not down with pumpkin-flavored, well, everything (or stretchy pants, for that …
Read More