It’s an understatement to say that MLK made a huge difference in all of our lives. While his time was sadly cut short, we’ve taken it upon ourselves to continue one of his most famous and world-changing speeches—with our own twist, of course. We hope he’d approve.
The FBGs have a dream that…
- All communities across the country will have access to public parks, trails and open spaces to run, play and frolic wildly in.
- All neighborhoods will have sidewalks so that they can walk to and fro safely.
- All families have access to fresh fruits and vegetables (and find even Brussels sprouts and raw broccoli to be as delicious as french fries…or at least a regular substitute.
- Every child has a love of play and a desire to be active whether it’s running the bases, kicking the heck out of the kickball or scoring a soccer goal. (And, yes, Wii Sports can count, but extra points for outside playtime!)
- Every citizen has the ability and education to make healthy lifestyle choices, not just go on the hottest new diet or get cosmetic surgery.
- Every man, woman and child doesn’t view exercise as torture but rather finds an activity that they enjoy and thinks working out is FUN!
What would you add to your own health-focused “I have a dream” speech? —Jenn
Photo grabbed from satomiichimura on Flickr.