The T-Bell Diet

Credit: strangelv

Taco Bell is probably not the first restaurant that pops into your head when you think of healthy eats. Even so, I wasn’t at all surprised when I saw the promotion for the Taco Bell Drive-Thru Diet. After all, I’ve tried the chain’s Fresco menu items, which nix the cheese or sauce in favor of fresh tomato salsa, giving you a healthier meal option. The Fresco menu items aren’t new, but what is new is calling it a “diet.” Don’t be fooled that eating at T-Bell is going to make pounds melt away. But I’m all for introducing more people to lighter fare because as most people grab fast food in a pinch, why not give them a lighter option?

Run for the border.

Erin

Comments

1. Danica says:

I totally agree with you on this. So many people are like, well they still aren’t the best options, but considering what people are eating, these options are much better! I really like the options they have and the food they are offering is diverse and keeps you full as well. A lighter fare is right!

2. Slightly Slapdash says:

And their taco salad sans the shell is Atkins friendly!

(my mother has been doing a modified Atkins for years – at her doctor’s request – it somehow lowers her cholesterol… go figure!)

3. Rachel says:

I seriously thought the Taco Bell diet was a joke when I saw the first commercial.

4. Amanda says:

I would NOT call it a diet, what I would call it is a “healthier option”. I suppose if you’re going to run through the drive-thru, you might as well get a healthier choice.

5. Ashley says:

I also would not consider this a diet, but I have tried a few of the items as a healthier option when I’m craving taco bell instead of getting something that is much worse and I tbhink its a great option when you’re on the go!

6. I struggled with weight gain and health issues. I found that my kids helped motivate me to get fit. Fitness and wellness should be free and accessible to everyone. I created a site dedicated to this.

7. Diet Menus says:

To keep fit it’s necessary to take healthy diet menus with nutritional food.

8. hcg 1234 says:

A particular diet may be chosen to seek weight loss or weight gain. Changing a subject’s dietary intake, or going on a diet, can change the energy balance and increase or decrease the amount of fat stored by the body. Thanks.