What’s Your Favorite Type of Milk?

milkdrops

Credit: Cordey

Earlier this week, Jenn extolled the virtues of almond milk. While I’ve tried various kinds and flavors of milk, I always go back to the cow. I should really spice it up though and throw in some other types. How about you?

Tell us what you think of the white stuff! —Erin

Comments

1. Kari says:

Rice milk! It’s so tasty.

2. Stephanie says:

I’ve never been a real huge milk fan. I dislike cow’s milk on its own, so currently the only way I use it is as an ingredient in smoothies. For awhile I was on a soymilk trip, and really liked 8th Continent light vanilla. As it happens, last night I bought almond milk for the first time, so we’ll see how that goes. It’s buried in my smoothie, so it’ll be interesting to see if the flavor comes through or not.

3. Collette says:

I absolutely love Silk Very Vanilla Soymilk, which I know is intended for kids. Though my kids prefer westsoy which tastes too “soy-ish” for me. Recently I tried Silks new almond milk and it is incredibly delicious and creamy and most surprising, it’s good in coffee.

4. Becky Danto says:

I try to stay away from SOY products since I have an underactive thyroid…so ALMOND milk it is!

5. Claudia says:

I’ve recently switched to Almond milk after drinking Soy for many, many years. I’m happy with the switch!

6. laluna says:

Raw (cow’s) milk. Seriously. Best. stuff. ever. Plus, you can then make your own yogurt, butter, etc. with it. (I clearly do not believe in any kind of low/no-fat nonsense.) 😉

7. Amber K says:

I stay FAR away from soy, and my body doesn’t like animal milk. So almond milk for me!

8. Peggy says:

I LOVE cow’s milk, and prefer that for drinking purposes if I’m drinking straight milk. However, in an effort to be kind to my body and deal with some dietary issues, I am making an effort to avoid dairy. Therefore, I use almond milk in cereal, in smoothies, etc.

9. Britt says:

Smart Balance skim. Lots of Omega 3s, and it’s extra creamy.

10. Erin says:

I wish I could try all these fancy milks (especially almond milk since I love all things almond) but for how much I drink it, it’s just too expensive to buy special milk when regular cow’s milk is still really good for you.

11. Deb says:

Cow’s milk for me – skim of course. A glass after a workout gives a shot of energy (carbs) and helps build muscle (protein). Plus, I credit the calcium in milk with the fact that I’ve only had one cavity in my whole life and my four kids haven’t had any cavities ever!