Wasa crackers have always been known for being a healthy, lower-calorie cracker choice. We recently got to try the company’s new line of Thin & Crispy Flatbread in three flavors: sesame, rosemary and original. And the verdict? Delish! Thin and crispy as the name suggests, they’re also the perfect cracker canvas for a number of snacks and meals. And because we’re in the throes of the holiday-party season, we thought we’d share one of those recipes with you.
This Acorn Squash Dip with Roasted Pumpkin Seeds on Wasa takes only 20 minutes to make from start to finish. And the colorful and tasty snack provides an excellent source of the antioxidant beta-carotene, cholesterol-reducing phytosterols, fiber and it’s low in fat. Take it to your next Christmas party and eat it up, yum!
Acorn Squash Dip with Roasted Pumpkin Seeds on Wasa
2 c acorn squash, cooked
1 tbsp olive oil
2 tbsp fat-free half-and-half (or skim milk)
½ c diced onion
2 leaves fresh sage
2 tsp maple syrup
¼ c freshly grated Parmesan cheese
2 tbsp roasted pumpkin seeds
1 package Wasa Hearty Crispbread or Wasa Thin & Crisy Flatbread Rosemary
1. Slice open acorn squash and remove seeds. Place sliced side down in an 8-inch by 8-inch glass dish, cover and microwave on high until tender (approximately 10 minutes).
2. Once cooled, scoop out meat with a spoon and set aside.
3. Heat oil in a skillet. Add onion and whole sage leaves. Sauté until onions are transparent. Remove sage.
3. Add squash, half-and-half (or skim milk), maple syrup and Parmesan cheese. Mix well.
4. Spoon into bowl, sprinkle with pumpkin seeds and serve hot on a platter with crispbread.
Have your own Wasa creation you’d like to share? Submit a recipe and you can win some dang cool stuff! —Jenn