The 10 Best Yoga and Pilates DVDs We’ve Ever Reviewed
To continue on our fit journey of giving you the best workout DVD recommendations possible (see the best beginner, intermediate and advanced workout DVDs here!), behold the below top 10 list of the best mind/body DVDs we’ve ever reviewed. With a nice mix of yoga, Pilates and some dance-y type meditation stuff, we guarantee that you can’t go wrong with these titles!
Top 10 Mind/Body Workout DVDs
1. intenSati: Great Body, Great Life: A fab mix of dance, positive affirmations and yoga, this unique workout DVD delivers results and makes you feel really good!
2. Physique 57: The workout standby of Kelly Ripa, this Pilates- and dance-inspired DVD is TOUGH. We guarantee you’ll feel the focused burn!
3. Bob Harpers’Yoga for the Warrior: Oh, Bob! He can really do no wrong in our eyes, but this yoga DVD—being totally objective—is an amazing 60-minute feel-good routine. If you haven’t discovered your love for Bob yet, we guarantee you will after this DVD.
4. Exhale’s Core Fusion Body Sculpt: Known best for its bootylicious cover, this yoga and Pilates DVD delivers serious burn and serious results.
5. Marisa Tomei: Core & Curves: We all want a strong core and sexy curves, right? Well we loved this mind/body DVD for its charm, effectiveness and uniqueness. Not to mention that Marisa Tomei is down to earth and cute as a button in it!
6. Andrea Metcalf’s Keeping Fit Series: While the Pilates DVD in this series is just one disc of three, it was awesome enough to leave a lasting—and sore—impression. With solid instruction and moves to challenge, it’s fit perfection!
7. The Biggest Loser Workout: Weight Loss Yoga: The second Bob Harper-lead yoga DVD on this list, we just had to include this one for its unique use of weights that turn normal power yoga into full resistance training!
8. Element: Yoga for Weight Loss: One of the reasons we love mind/body workouts is because they really focus on quieting the mind and getting in touch with yourself and your emotions. And this beautiful and soothing yoga DVD does just that with a relaxing and powerful 50-minute routine.
9. Jillian Michaels’ Yoga Meltdown: This yoga DVD isn’t for the faint of heart. Like most of Jillian Michaels’ workouts, it’s an intense level-one and level-two workout (hooray for progression!) that challenges with lots of planks, standing poses—and the yoga-elite crow pose.
10. Element Pilates Weight Loss for Beginners: With beautiful scenery and a nice mix of cardio and matwork, this workout DVD is a solid introduction to Pilates!
What’s your favorite yoga or Pilates DVD? Tell us about it! —Jenn
totally going to get the bob harper yoga dvd. thanks for the list!
Great list! The biggest loser yoga dvd is one of my favorites too. I would add Rodney Ye’s Power Yoga, and Sarah Ivanhoe’s Yoga on the Edge as well — both beautiful productions that will definitely make you sweat, but are also just great relaxation at the end of a stressful day. The rest of my favorites are at http://yogadvds.net/yoga-dvds-for-weight-loss/
I bought some Yoga DVDs through http://gotodvds.com/ and a lot of these are the same but there’s one or two I haven’t seen before. I’ll have to give them a try!
It took me a while to find a good Yoga DVD. I went through six or seven of them. The one I can recommend is Shiva Rea: Daily Energy – Vinyasa Flow Yoga
More details: http://best-gear.org/shiva-rea-daily-energy-vinyasa-flow-yoga/
Very nice list. I just bought Jillian Michaels’ Yoga Meltdown and am happy with it so far, but yes it is super intense and not for beginners. Still loving my Rodney Yee dvds though too.
This list is spectacular! But my total fave is Solomon’s Yogalates Dynamic Weight Loss for effortless conditioning. This will boost your metabolism. I found it was simple to follow, but a great stretch and an excellent workout for a beginners Yoga and Pilates program.
More details here: http://yogalates.com.au/dvd/dvd-8-dynamic-weight-loss-book
I enjoy Christine Felstead’s Yoga for Runners: Intermediate Program. She does have an essentials DVD but I went right to intermediate since I’ve been practicing for a while already. I was looking for stretches that would really get into some of the muscles and joints that are particularly tight in runners. I’d tried several DVDs, including Jillian’s, only to find that they weren’t particularly good stretching routines.
My wife has just given birth to our second child and she has asthma. She loves jogging but does not have time to do so anymore nor can her condition permit it. A friend recommended that I introduce yoga to her. So now I’m looking for the best yoga dvd for beginners for her. Thanks to your list, I can now get her at least two dvd’s. thanks
Awesome post, i do yoga everyday, it is a great help with staying true to my healthy life style. I’m even getting my friend Susan involved with it too, so i think purchasing a few of these dvd would be a gift idea! you know i also came across this place that has super comfy yoga pants (http://www.karmicfit.com/Product/ProductList/yoga-women-yoga-pants) that i think alot of my fellow yoga lovers would enjoy. Just that i’d share the find!
looking for best yoga DVD series starting with intermediate to advanced. Most I have tried have been too easy
I think C Wilson Meloncelli’s Flow must be included in the list. It is a unique method of training designed to help anyone find their balance through mix of action movements like martial arts, Gymnastics, Yoga, Pilate and more.
I love YogaBurn, anyone can do it. Try it out.
I am looking for reviews of the Yoga Burn series by Zoe Bray-Cotton. I’ve seen a lot of reviews, but they are all the same. I’m looking for actual consumer reviews. Anyone tried it? Tks!
I was looking for some inspiration and came across your blog. Going to try out one of this soon. Thank you for sharing.
Comments are closed.