I love myself some Grey’s Anatomy. Oh, the doctor drama, romantic shenanigans, and of course, McDreamy. In real life, many Grey’s stars have been busy expanding their families, including Sarah Drew, who plays the shows chief resident. Sarah’s due in January and took the time to answer our questions about her prenatal fitness, her favorite part of pregnancy and how her bump factors into the show.
Interview with Sarah Drew
- FBM: What are your favorite activities and workouts during pregnancy?
- SD: I like to go for walks with friends. I’m too exhausted to do much beyond that.
- FBM: You love to cook. What’s your favorite healthy meal?
- SD: My husband makes an amazing broiled salmon. That with a yummy salad is my favorite healthy meal.
- FBM: What’s your favorite part of pregnancy?
- SD: People are so nice to pregnant ladies. I love getting the special treatment, and I love looking pregnant. I love sporting the bump. I also love feeling the baby move. That’s a pretty amazing experience.
- FBM: Least favorite part of pregnancy?
- SD: The exhaustion. I’m normally very energetic, but my energy has been cut in half my whole pregnancy, which means I’m not able to do all the things I usually can, and that is frustrating.
- FBM: How does your pregnancy factor into Grey’s Anatomy, if at all?
- SD: People are extra patient with me on set. Other than that, it hasn’t really factored in. If we are doing a wide shot, we have to make sure the bump is hidden, but we haven’t had to go to extraordinary measures to make that happen yet.
- FBM: What are your postpartum plans for getting back into shape after pregnancy?
- SD: I haven’t thought much about it. Probably a combination of Pilates, walking and Spinning. I’m also assuming that breastfeeding will help me lose the baby weight.
I hear you loud and clear on the pregnancy exhaustion, sister. It’s nice to see a celeb with a laid-back approach to postpartum fitness, too! —Erin