We’ve already done a whole songs-about-running workout playlist, but we thought it was high time we put together a list of new tunes to help you power through those runs both long and short. Partially inspired by this little device that helps you to determine your “Fit Song” and partially needed by me as my running playlist is getting S-T-A-L-E, we recently tapped the music-loving brains of our pals on Facebook and Twitter for their fave tracks from their running playlists. And, guys, they did not disappoint. High-energy, fun and slightly off-the-beaten path, if you know all of these songs, you’re certainly cooler than me.
10 New Songs to Reinvigorate Your Running Playlist
- (4:48) T.H.E. (The Hardest Ever), will.i.am: If you need a rap beat to get your run going, this song is it. Good call, Melissa!
- (3:44) Drumming Song, Florence + The Machine: If you like your running playlist with a side of dark and mysterious, download this Florence + Machine track. Caitlin swears by it!
- (3:44) Go, Common: Like @lizyandall says, it’s hard not to go when Common is telling you to in this song!
- (3:17) Watch Me Shine, Joanna Pacitti: Found on the Legally Blonde soundtrack, Janine can’t get enough of this song during runs. Believe us, if you like Britney, you’ll dig this one.
- (2:57) Egg Man, The Beastie Boys: Boyz, it just don’t get much funkier than this song, which is a favorite of @katiechalmers1. Jam to it during your next run!
- (3:19) Levels, Avicii: If techno is more of your running playlist speed, try this one from Avicii. @UrbanFitClubs calls it “bouncy, happy music!”
- (3:44) End of Time, Beyonce: This song gets Renisha really pumped. And you know what? It gets us pumped to run, too!
- (4:22) Party Rock Anthem, LMFAO: Yes, this song is everywhere lately, but it really is good for getting your legs to run faster, Tina says. When they say “shake that” just pretend they’re saying “sprint that!”
- (2:49) Lobsterdust–Roll It (Salt-N-Pepa vs. Yeah Yeah Yeahs vs. A-Trak), Best of Bootie 2011: You know we had to include a mash-up—and a booty one at that, right? And Emily had a great one for running. In fact, go ahead and just get the whole dang album. It’s just that good.
- (6:19) Monster, Kanye West: So glad I’m not the only one running her little heart out to this track recently. Courtney is, too!
What new songs are on your running playlist? Which ones really pump you up? —Jenn