10 Ingredients to Add to Your Salads
6. Strong cheese: Opt for a small amount of a strong cheese to give your salad a bit of bite. You need less of strong cheeses to get that flavor pop, so try feta, blue cheese or goat cheese. You can buy them crumbly and just sprinkle a bit on!
7. Fruit: For a little sweetness, add a bit of fruit to salads. Apples, pears and dried cranberries are our faves for a touch of sweet.
8. Nuts and seeds: Nuts are a great addition to salads both for texture and nutritional value. A good source of healthy fats, try walnuts, almonds, sunflower seeds, pine nuts and sesame seeds. Go nuts!
9. Pepper: Don’t underestimate the power of freshly ground black pepper. It adds a kick to your salads, but it’s also known to benefit your digestive health and prevent gas!
10. Dressing: A dressing you love is the key to wanting to eat a salad day after day. So whether you make your own delicious one (Jenn loves making this one) or keep a few lite favorites on hand, make sure they’re ones you adore.
What is one salad ingredient you just can’t live without? Ever tried a sunny-side-up egg on yours? —Erin