Ya’ll know we have a soft spot for watching The Real Housewives, right? (Such a guilty pleasure—we swear it makes foam rolling more bearable!) So when we heard Kenya Moore from The Real Housewives of Atlanta and a former Miss USA was coming out with a workout DVD and we had the chance to talk to her about it, we jumped at the opportunity. We’ll review her DVD, Kenya Moore: Booty Boot Camp, tomorrow, but check out her top tips, how to get a “stallion booty,” the workout she does and more below!
Interview with Kenya Moore
- FBG: What prompted you to want to do a workout DVD?
- KM: Many fans kept asking me about my workout regimen and wanting me to share, so when the opportunity arose for me to make the DVD, it was just perfect.
- FBG: How did you decide on the angle of it? And can you tell us more about a “stallion booty?”
- KM: Everybody wants to have a shapely body, and I think what’s great is that women can be fit and still have curves. I wanted to create a video that would focus on getting toned, being heart healthy, and getting and building the curves that you want. This workout and the stallion booty is about what women want and men love—and that’s a round, tight and toned booty.
- FBG: What kind of results can people expect from your workouts?
- KM: People who work out with my DVD can expect to get toned and firm, to feel great and possibly lose weight if their eating habits are in line with a healthy lifestyle. They can also expect to round, tone and lift their booties, and to maintain or build their sexy curves.
- FBG: Besides working out, what other tips can you share to get a good booty?
- KM: Eating healthfully and working out go hand in hand. Also, it’s important to incorporate other lower-body exercises into your daily routine. Stair-climbing is great, hiking is great, skiing is great. Anything that’s focused on toning your lower body will also help you get a good booty.
- FBG: What is a typical week like for you in regards to food and workouts?
- KM: In terms of a typical week, I work out about five to six times—doing everything from hiking, Tae Bo, Zumba, walking, or my Booty Boot Camp DVD, to dancing, Pilates, etc. When I wake up in the morning, I’ll stretch; I’ll meditate. I’ll do a circuit workout, some squats like in the DVD. I eat whatever I want in small portions. Instead of having three big meals, I’ll eat six smaller meals throughout the day with lean protein and vegetables. I drink lots of water and avoid eating within four hours of going to bed, too. I’m a big believer in eating well-rounded meals and not depriving yourself. So if I want a cookie or a piece of cake, I’ll have it—but I might not eat the whole thing. If you eat a balanced diet, you don’t have to have days where you feel like you have to “cheat” on this or that diet.
- FBG: What’s on your workout playlist?
- KM: “Gone with the Wind of Fabulous,” of course.
- FBG: From being on The Real Housewives of Atlanta you’ve certainly been in some drama! What has that experience taught you? Has being healthy helped?
- KM: Staying positive has definitely helped me navigate drama in my life and on the show—and stay healthy overall. I’m a big believer in avoiding drama. You’ve got to focus on your own life and all the great things you’re able to achieve—like for me, that was having this DVD—which now helps so many women get healthy.
- FBG: What’s the best piece of advice you’ve ever received?
- KM: Stay true to yourself and know who you are.
- FBG: What’s the most misunderstood thing about you?
- KM: I love to laugh. I don’t take myself too seriously.
- FBG: What’s next for you?
- KM: Well, you’ll just have to watch season 6 of The Real Housewives of Atlanta to find out! Right now, I’m working on a hair-care line and other ventures, but you’ll just have to watch to find out the rest.
- FBG: Anything else you’d like to add?
- KM: I was so happy to create this workout, and I really hope that other women enjoy it as much as I have in making it. You can purchase the DVD on Amazon here and follow me on Twitter @KenyaMoore.
Yep, that was totally “Gone With The Wind Fabulous!” Come back tomorrow when we review her workout DVD! And in the meantime, tell us, who’s your favorite gal on Real Housewives? —Jenn