Unless you’ve been living under a rock or have somehow avoided us for the past six months (in which case, dude, we missed you!), you probably know that we have a book coming out. And — ahhh!!! The Fit Bottomed Girls Anti-Diet drops on Tuesday! TUESDAY! So we thought that it might be fun to do one of our ongoing What to Expect posts about the book. Because, well, I’m sure you wanna know what you’re buying, right? Right!
11 Things to Expect in Our New Book
1. To not be like any other “diet” book you’ve read. With “anti-diet” in the title and all of these memes, you’ve probably guessed this already. But this is not the kind of book where we tell you exactly what to do or what not to do or you have some strict plan to follow. Nothing is off limits, there’s no deprivation — everything in moderation!
2. To choose your own healthy adventure. Instead of us telling you how to live, we give you a blueprint of sorts with different exercises to help you find your very own healthy living jam. Being fit and healthy doesn’t have to be the same thing; and what works for one person may not work for another. So we give you the tools and the suggestions to figure what healthy eats and workouts you like, and then do what works for you. After all, you’re the expert on you, not us!
3. To be motivated — like big time. We sprinkled fun quotes, mantras, tips and our own personal stories throughout the book to encourage you along the way to get moving, eat right and love yourself. It’s not about perfection; it’s about progress — and we’ll get you pumped to enjoy the process!
4. To have better health and to be happier, 10 minutes at a time. Itty-bitty changes over time can add up to HUGE results. Which is exactly why in the book, each chapter has ten 10-Minute Fixes (for a total of 100!) to help you adopt a healthier habit or give you a breakthrough. Whether it’s a short but challenging workout, a journal assignment that gets to the root of why you deserve to be healthy or a quick way to beat emotional eating, we help make change easy to make.
5. To have a feel-good reference — for life. There’s no right or wrong way to read the book. You can read it cover to cover, skip from chapter to chapter, dog ear it, do 10-Minute Fixes, make recipes. Kind of like No. 2, it’s all about choosing what works for YOU. So highlight it up, read what speaks to you and then go back and do that again and again! You’ll even notice that the 10-Minute Fixes have light gray edges so you can easily flip to them — just a fun way to use our book as a resource for your healthy and totally awesome life. (And, hey, you never know what might speak to you now — and what may inspire you in a few weeks!)
6. A little of the serious. Sometimes we get a little real on the reader in the book, with journaling and really digging deep to find your motivation and drive and love for yourself. We want you to have an aha-moment or two!
7. A little of the completely goofy. A few of the 10-Minute Fixes are so completely and totally goofy. And even though they may make you giggle, they all serve a purpose — we promise!
8. To get you out of your comfort zone. We all get stuck in ruts, but we encourage you throughout the book to get yourself out of your comfort zone. Whether it’s by taking a new class or trying to cook for your foodie friend, a little discomfort can push you to new heights! We’ll hold your hand …
9. Accessibility. We encourage you to find activities you love and to do them often, but we also created 10-minute workouts that can fit into your everyday life. With quick workouts you can do anywhere (like our interactive Reality TV Workout!), you’ll find yourself kicking your excuses to the curb.
10. Humor. You know we don’t take ourselves too seriously, and we’ll shamelessly admit that there were lines in the book that made us laugh every time we read them. And in the editing process, we read them a LOT. We hope you find it a little funny, too.
11. To be a Fit Bottomed Girl!!! Of course! This book is seriously the guidebook to being an FBG, and we poured EVERYTHING we’ve learned (sometimes the hard way) and know to be true about being healthy inside and out into this book. Rock on, girl!
Who’s excited for Tuesday?! We are! —Jenn & Erin