There are so many baby products on the market these days. When I was pregnant with my first, I remember having emotional breakdowns at giant baby stores. Do I need all of that? Which one do I get? WILL I BE A GOOD MOTHER!? Yeah, it escalates quickly when your emotions and hormones are raging. This time around on baby No. 3, I’ve bought a stuffed hippo. That’s it. I still need to buy a Sleep Sheep (my third — one of the chosen gifts below!) and some small diapers, but yeah, I’ve got most of the stuff I need and have realized you really don’t need a lot.
But there are lots of necessities that first go-around that do make your life easier, and today Cheryl Seidel is sharing those treasured gifts. Cheryl is the creator of RegistryFinder.com, which lets you easily locate and find the perfect gift — without even having to ask the expectant parents where they’re registered or spend a lot of time trying to figure it out. The site works with all the top baby retailers, which makes finding the right gift easy and hassle-free. Here are a few of her picks for the best baby shower gifts that are sure to be a hit with parents-to-be!
7 Best Baby Shower Gifts
1. The Cloud B Sleep Sheep. What the thing new parents need most? That’s right — sleep. Also receiving the highest ratings by parents, this clever sheep helps put babies to sleep. What a great gift! A sound box is tucked safely inside the plush sheep to lull the baby to sleep with pleasant white noise.
2. giggle Better Basics Duck Mitt & Hooded Towel Set. I love this sweet and simple bath set for being super adorable and 100 percent organic.
3. 4moms rockaRoo Plush Swing. Parents go ga-ga over this innovative baby swing. It’s in a class all its own with its space saving size and unique rocking motion. Maybe a bit pricy for a standard shower gift, but if chipping in with friends, it’s the perfect gift.
4. Sophie The Giraffe. This top-rated baby toy is a must-have for every parent. Many recommend owning more than one. This absolutely adorable giraffe is made of natural rubber and food-quality paint. Pair it with Sophie’s Busy Day Board Book for an extra special gift.
5. A set of classic baby books. A baby’s first books create the most treasured memories for parents. Gift a set of classics and they’ll be enjoyed for years to come.
6. Aden + Anais swaddling blankets. This Twinkle Gift Set is made with pure, 100% cotton muslin, making it soft to the touch and oh-so-cute. This newborn gift set comes wrapped in a beautiful box, includes two classic swaddles and a giraffe lovey that makes for one cuddly companion.
7. Baby Einstein Caterpillar and Friends Play Gym. A favorite of babies and parents, this soft play mat features classical music, dancing lights and six activities so baby will be engaged for
hours of play.
All of the items above are sure to please any expectant or new parent. And, for parents who need help registering, be sure to check out RegistryFinder.com’s Baby Registry Checklist — perfect for identifying registry essentials!
What items are your go-tos for shower gifts? What would you not live without with a new baby? —Erin