We recently shared some of the best baby shower gifts for parents to be — those items that are sure to make the recipients ooh and ah (and the baby goo and gah). And if you’re a gift buyer, most of them will be sure hits! But when you’re faced with the registry itself, what do you buy? And what if you want to stray just a little bit from that list and get something decorative? And what if the baby’s gender is unknown? Have no fear because Cheryl Seidel is here. Cheryl is the creator of RegistryFinder.com, works with all the top baby retailers to help you locate the recipients’ registries without even bugging the busy parents-to-be. Today she’s sharing her tips on finding the right gifts no matter what!
6 Tips for Buying the Best Baby Shower Gifts
1. Buy from the registry when possible. Who knows what they want more than the parents-to-be?
2. Be practical. Practical gifts are appreciated just as much (or maybe more) than cute or decorative gifts.
3. Opt for gift options that are healthy, stylish and innovative. There are a variety of brands that sell baby products that are environmentally friendly and 100-percent organic.
4. Cutesy nurseries filled with trucks, trains and tiaras are becoming a thing of the past. With the shift toward modern nurseries, parents are steering toward sophisticated room accents and accessories a baby can enjoy well into their school years.
5. Choose neutrals. When it comes to color, navy and gray are the new neutrals, regardless of gender.
6. Pay attention to feel. When buying blankets, ones made of 100 percent organic cotton make a cuddly and soft choice.
The only other tip I’d add to Cheryl’s? Always include the gift receipt! Whether a gift is on a registry or not, the parents may change their minds, get duplicates or the maybe just might grow out of clothing before it even has a shot at being worn. The gift receipt is key to easy exchanges — because the last thing a new mom needs is to be delayed at the returns counter with a crying baby!
What tips would add for baby shower gift givers? —Erin