I have a confession: I love products, mainly beauty products. If I could play in beauty products and make-up all day long without being judged, I would. I follow blogs and shop out of beauty catalogs, all the while my husband shakes his head at my growing collection. Even after workouts, I try to freshen up before heading out quickly to grab the kiddo from the nursery. I gotta maintain that chic mama glow!
You don’t even need to go crazy with products to look put-together post-workout. Here are my top-five must-haves.
5 Must-Have Post-Workout Beauty Products
1. Tinted lip moisturizer. I am obsessed with ChapStick. I keep one in every purse, every pocket and throughout the house and car. It makes no sense to me how they go missing, but I always buy more when grocery shopping. Post-gym, I like a little bit of a luscious and glam lip. In my bag now is Revlon Lip Butter in Juicy Papaya.
2. Dry shampoo. Let’s face it, we don’t always have time to wash our hair before our nursery time is up and we have a lunch/play date to follow. I don’t enjoy meeting my husband for lunch with smelly hair. A quick dip under the hair dryers to help dry the sweat and a touch of dry shampoo does the trick. I’ve used it both for that beach look and the sleek back pony tail. My go-to is Big Sexy Hair Volumizing Dry Shampoo.
3. Deodorant. Not a beauty product per se, but do I need to explain? Pre and post workout, I’m a big fan of Secret Clinical Strength Sport. My little secret? Freshen your pits with a baby wipe or two before applying the deodorant post workout. Victory!
4. Light blush. After a workout our face color begins to calm down and can look a little, well, boring. I like to give a few swipes of Mac Blushbaby for a chic cheek line to add some color!
5. MASCARA. I never leave home without it. Ever. My all-time favorite is L’Oreal Voluminous (curved brush in black). Even if numbers 1 through 4 are left at home, mascara alone can fix a sweaty gloomy day and make you go from being out of breath to taking everyone’s breath away.
What are your must-have beauty products for after workouts? —Jennifer