7 Healthy Crunchy Snacks
1. Zouq Fiery Sticks. All of Zouq’s South-Asian inspired healthy snacks are crunchy, flavorful and delicious, but the Fiery Sticks are the kind of eats you can’t imagine your life without once you try ’em. Pretty darn spicy, they’re potato fingers tossed in Indian red chilies and granulated mango powder. Crispy, gluten-free, cholesterol-free, MSG-free and full of SO MUCH spice, they are freakin’ irresistible. (And if spicy doesn’t do it for ya, try the sweeter Curry Crunch, Jubilee Mix that’s reminscient of Chex Mix or the Golden Lentils that are mild and airy.)
2. Ocean’s Halo The Seaweed Chip. Seaweed as a chip? Yep, and it’s delicious. Sure, there’s a bit of a seaweed smell and slight taste when you first bite in, but these Ocean’s Halo The Seaweed Chips are really so good if you give them a chance! Our fave flavors are Sea Salt and Chili Lime, and they’re delightfully thick, crispy and filling, as each serving has 6 grams of protein and is filled with lots of vitamins and minerals (like vitamin A, C, B12, calcium and iron). With only 95 calories for 26 of these little chips and no gluten, GMOs, trans fats, MSG or artificial ingredients, these are going in our regular snacking rotation.
3. Pretzel Crisps Minis. Is there anything cuter than small-sized versions of things? We think not. Which is what got these Pretzel Crisps Minis on our healthy crunchy snack radar. What kept them there though was good flavor, crispiness and lots of lightness — that’s still great for dipping. Too cute in both Original and Cheddar — too tasty, too!
4. Cape Cod Kettle Corn Popcorn. We love us a good kettle corn, and a bag of Cap Cod Kettle Corn Popcorn is about as close as you can get to kettle corn that’s not straight from the county fair. Not to mention that it’s healthier for you, too. This lightly sweetened kettle-cooked popcorn provides guilt-free satisfaction, with only 40 calories per cup and a clean ingredient list.
5. Mary’s Gone Crackers Black Pepper Crackers. In the gluten-free space, sometimes crackers leave much to be desired. But not with these! Mary’s Gone Crackers Black Pepper Crackers are tasty enough to serve to your non-gluten-fearing friends. Organic, wheat-free, non-GMO, dairy-free, vegan, kosher and made with flax seeds so you get some omega-3 fatty acids, too, these have nice spice to them that pairs perfectly with creamy dips or cheeses. Not into the kick of black pepper? Try the brand’s Super Seed version for a cracker that’s just as healthy, minus the spice!
6. ips Egg White Chips. These won a Food Fight last year, and ever since then we’ve declared ips Egg White Chips a winner in the healthy crunchy snacks department (yes, that’s an official department at FBE). With yummy flavors, an awesome ingredient list and plenty of protein per serving, we love ’em!
7. Primizie snack crisps. Feeling fancier than a chip or even a cracker? Try Primizie handmade artisanal specialty crispbreads that are said to have superior “dipability.” Preservative-free and all-natural with no trans fat or cholesterol, each flavor is non-GMO, rBST-free, vegan and vegetarian. Our tasters loved the Cheese and Classic versions best.
Found any new healthy crunchy snacks you love, too? For more healthy snacking ideas, be sure to check out our all-time best tips here! —Jenn