This post first appeared on January 3, 2011. Because there are tons of new workout DVDs out there — some of which are SUPER challenging — we’ve decided to update this list of the top 10 hardest workout DVDs!
So you say you want a workout challenge, eh? Well, we have 10 of them—our top 10 list of the hardest workout DVDs we’ve ever tried. Hold on to your fit butts—it’s about to get crazy hawd in here!
Top 10 Hardest Workout DVDs
1. Jillian Michaels No More Trouble Zones: Jillian always brings the good pain. And this workout DVD gives you a mix of strength and cardio that is uber challenging!
2. Bob Harper Inside Out Method: Bob’s Workout: Oh, Bob, how we love yet hate thee, let us count the workout ways. Even after doing this strength-cardio workout DVD regularly for three months, it still kicks my ass.
3. Personal Training with Jackie: Crunch-Free Xtreme Abs: There’s only one word to describe this crunchless abs DVD: Ouch! And, of course, that’s in a good way. With two quick workouts, your abs will definitely feel the burn and the soreness. Oh, the soreness!
4. Mike Donavanik’s Extreme Burned Ripped: This workout DVD may just have 30-minute workouts on it, but don’t let that fool you. It’s 30 minutes of oh-so challenging work that’ll hit every muscle on your body like a boss. Mike brings the burn, baby, burn!
6. Fitness by Cathe: Cardio+Weights 4-Day Split: Right up there with the fitness greats is Cathe Friedrick. With endless variety, this heavy strength workout DVD challenges and then some.
7. Jillian Michaels’ 30 Day Shred: Jillian makes the list again! We just couldn’t leave this hard-workout DVD standby off the list. With three 25-minute workouts that progress in intensity (read: darn near impossibleness), it’s an oldie but a goodie!
9. Brett Hoebel’s 20-Minute Body Trilogy: This challenging workout DVD system isn’t out yet, but we got a sneak peek and it is legit. Filled with HIIT workouts, it’s hard for sure, but the payoff is in results.
10. Jari Love: Get Ripped 1,000: While we’re still not convinced that this hour-long workout DVD will burn 1,000 calories for most women, we still think it’s awesome. And its advanced strength and cardio moves are enough to get the sweat pouring!
Need to take your workouts up a notch? Click here for tips to do just that! And be sure to also check out our top 10 favorite intermediate fitness and beginner workout DVDs! —Jenn