If you are like me, you love dance music — in spite of a total lack of ability to actually, you know, dance. But here is the great thing about working out on a treadmill, elliptical or stationary bike: you can crank up the funky tunes without exposing your “Elaine from Seinfeld” moves to the whole world. Just rock on out while you do them in your head!
So get ready to boogie as we take on today’s sweat session featuring tunes that will make you want to wiggle your fit bottom!
Dancy 30-Minute Workout Playlist
1. Taylor Swift “Shake it Off” (3:39). If there is ONE thing Taylor Swift knows how to do (well, in addition to always looking great for the cameras) it’s writing a catchy tune. And this one in particular is scientifically designed to get you to move! Use it as a warm-up!
2. Dear Rouge “Best Look Lately” (3:24). This song has this 80s vibe that makes me want to bop around wearing a high ponytail.
3. Lady Gaga “Americano” (4:07). I love everything by Lady Gaga (well, some of Art Pop was just sort of “meh”) and Americano in particular gets me in the mood to haul ass and do sprints.
4. Bruno Mars “Locked Out of Heaven” (3:53). Bruno Mars is a gyrating dynamo, and I think this is his best song of all.
5. Macklemore & Ryan Lewis “Can’t Hold Us” (4:18). You are almost there — use this song to give it your all-out last effort of the workout.
6. Destiny’s Child “Bootylicious” (3:28). Now it is time to gradually bring your heart rate down and get ready for a nice stretch session.
Congratulations! You fit in a 30-minute workout — go celebrate!
What are your favorite workout dance tunes? —Margo