New year, new workout? Hey, variety is the spice of life … and these workout DVDs are sure to mix up your fitness routine. And you know what mixing things up does? It gets you results! And, if you’ve been suffering from any workout boredom, it busts that, too. Onward!
5 Workout DVDs to Shake Up Your Fitness Routine
1. Pound Rockout Workout Album 1: Sweat. Sculpt. Rock. Tish and I tried this workout live and with its creators a few years back and let me tell you: it was FUN. And this DVD set lets you pound your little fit heart out in the comfort of your own home. This set includes four 20-minute workouts (combine them together for extra awesome), plus (of course) a set of your own Ripstix to drum as you go. What we really love about this workout — besides the fun that is drumming on beat — is the brilliance of using the sticks. When you have to hit the sticks to the ground when doing lunges, abs and other moves, it makes you get low. Maybe even lower than you’ve been going before, which, yeppers, really challenges you!
2. Dream Body Workout Series 5 DVD Set. Like to feel the burn? This workout DVD set delivers so. much. burn! A set of five workout DVDs, you’ve got pretty much the Fusion Fitness studio in your living room. From barre to HIIT to Tabata to Pilates, this workout is no joke — and will hit muscle groups you didn’t even know you had. See our full review here!
3. Clean Cuisine’s Full Fitness Fusion Exercise DVD. If you’re looking for a workout that isn’t quite as intense physically and is a little easier on the joints but still gets results, say hello to Clean Cuisine’s Full Fitness Fusion (you may remember Clean Cuisine and Ivy from this post!). This 30-minute workout isn’t easy though. Full-body and totally functional, it’ll challenge your mind and body in new ways, minus the high impact!
4. Dancing With The Stars: Sizzle & Groove Latin Dance. Who feels like dancing? Take a break for your usual cardio and get your swivel on as you dance with Karina Smirnoff and Kym Johnson from DWTS. Featuring three dance routines on one DVD (salsa, Paso Doble and samba), get moving and grooving as you get your heart rate up, work the heck out of your core and have a lot of fun. Feels more like a fun dance class than a workout!
5. Chalene Johnson’s PiYo. This new workout DVD system has gotten so much buzz — and with good reason. It’s fun, effective, challenging and combines the best of pretty much all of exercise. You’ve got muscle-building, Pilates, cardio and yoga — all mixed together in one system that gives you 10 workouts on three DVDs for a full 60-day workout challenge. Oh, and the whole thing is low-impact!
What’s your favorite way to shake up your fitness routine? Once I have this baby, the full PiYo system is definitely on my list to do at home on the regular! —Jenn