We are always looking out for new healthy snacks that taste delicious, power our workouts (and life!) and are good for us. And ones that we can make at home so we know exactly what’s in them? Um, winning!
We created these No-Bake Chocolate-Almond Crunch Energy Balls as the healthy answer to our chocolate cravings in the New Year. Using one of our favorite new ingredients — Chex Gluten Free Granola (if you haven’t tried it yet you must!) — as a crunchy flavorful base and then combining that with superfoods like almond butter and chia seeds, these energy balls are slightly sweet, filling and full of protein, fiber, whole grains and healthy fats. Like we said, winning!
If you’re looking to start your New Year off on a healthy note yet don’t want to sacrifice flavor, these energy balls are a must-make. Plus, they take only five minutes to put together and require no baking. Simply mix the ingredients …
Pop them in the fridge and take them with you everywhere and anywhere for a quick and easy snack that’ll help you to reach your New Year’s goals. We love ’em rolled in shredded coconut, but if you’re not a coconut fan, feel free to leave that step out.
Don’t mind me — I’ll be over here making a double batch …
- 1 cup unsalted creamy almond butter
- 1 cup Gluten-Free Chex Granola Mix Honey Nut, lightly crushed
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 3 tablespoons chia seeds
- ¼ cup cocoa powder
- ¼ cup shredded coconut (optional)
- Mix all ingredients except the coconut in a medium-sized mixing bowl. (Can use a mixer or just your hands -- both will get the job done!)
- Roll tablespoon-sized portions into smooth balls using your hands. If you're using shredded coconut, roll the balls in coconut to lightly cover. Pop in the refrigerate for at least 30 minutes to firm up. Enjoy!
Are you resolving to snack healthier in the New Year, too? I’m totally committed to making more snacks like these at home! SO easy that there are no excuses not to! –—Jenn