We just can’t seem to get enough of the energy balls these days! And why would we? First, ball jokes. (Of course.) Second, they’re no-bake and so easy to make. Third, they make for a fabulous pre- or post-workout snack. And fourth, um, deliciousness! And these Gluten-Free No-Bake Lemon Coconut Balls from our friends at Chex are darn irresistible. Check ’em out …
- 1 cup Gluten Free Chex Granola Mix Mixed Berry
- ½ cup unsweetened shredded coconut, chopped
- 1 tablespoon chia seed
- 2 teaspoons fresh grated lemon peel
- 1 cup pitted dates, packed
- ½ cup raw cashews
- 1 tablespoon water
- ¼ cup cashew butter (or almond butter)
- 1 tablespoon honey
- Line tray with cooking parchment paper. In large bowl, mix granola, coconut, chia seed and lemon peel; set aside. In food processor, add dates, cashews and water; pulse in 1-second bursts about 45 seconds or until finely chopped. Add cashew butter and honey; process until well blended and mixture comes together into a ball.
- Transfer date mixture to bowl of granola mixture. Lightly spray hands with cooking spray; use hands to blend mixture. Using a tablespoon, measure out dough into 32 balls. Tightly shape balls, and place on tray.
- Refrigerate about 1 hour or until firm. Place in storage container. Store covered in refrigerator up to 1 week.
-Be sure to use fresh, soft dates for this recipe. If not available, soak dates in 2 tablespoons boiling water 15 minutes to rehydrate.
-Cooking gluten-free? Always read labels to make sure each recipe ingredient is gluten-free. Products and ingredient sources can change.
We love the freshness of the lemon in these, don’t you? So energizing! —Jenn