Next to winter, this is probably the hottest gift-giving time of the year. And that’s not just because the mercury is rising and the pavement is steaming during even your early morning run — it’s because it’s the time for grads and dads! Father’s Day is this weekend and high school and college graduation celebrations are in full effect. If you’ve been wondering what the heck to give for either occasion (or both!), do we have the gift guide for you.
In partnership with Samsung and hhgregg, we’re celebrating #SamsungSummer with an ultimate list of goodies that all the grads and dads in your life will love unwrapping!
7 Gifts to Treat Dad
1. Golf lessons. Your dad will say “fore!” no more with the gift of a few private lessons with a golf pro. And you’ll get bonus points for being more creative than just getting him golf balls, again.
2. Samsung 55″ Curved 4K Ultra HD 3D Smart TV. This TV is the bee’s knees. With a crazy awesome crystal-clear picture, it’s also a Smart TV, meaning that it’ll stream his fave movies and shows and even let him browse through apps, games, his social networks and more. Oh, and it’s got voice-command technology. No more losing the remote …
3. Gym membership. Give dad the gift of sweat with a one-month or longer membership to the coolest fitness center in town. Then, set a date to join him there for at least a workout or two!
4. Pair of cross-training shoes. Fathers needs the right gear to get and stay active, so consider gifting him a pair of versatile cross-training shoes that’ll make his feet happy whether he’s at the gym, working in the yard or just cruising around town.
5. Sports massage. Whether it’s 30 minutes, an hour or even 90 minutes, a massage can be so relaxing! And a sports specific massage will give your dad just the right mix of stretching and bodywork that’s therapeutic and just feels darn good.
6. Samsung 9.1 Channel Curved Soundbar with Wireless Subwoofer. Take surround sound to the next level with this soundbar that puts out amazing sound, can work in multiple rooms and features BlueTooth technology. Fewer wires!
7. App store credit. Dad may not like shopping, but shopping in the app store for a new game or a new health and fitness app hardly feels like work. So give his some credits to download his heart out.
7 Great Grad Gift Ideas
1. Package of personal training sessions. Graduation is all about celebrating education and what better gift than keeping the education going than with a package of personal training sessions? A few sessions with a personal trainer can get him or her set up with a fitness plan to follow, goals to strive for and the know-how of what to do at the gym.
2. Samsung 16GB 9.7″ Android 5.0 Lollipop Galaxy Tab A. This gorgeous tablet has everything your grad needs — awesome resolution, Microsoft Office, apps, games, internet and more — plus it can synch with a Samsung phone. It also has a great battery life. Perfect for the grad on the go!
3. Samsung Chromebook 2 Laptop with Intel Celeron Processor N2840. Light, fast and virtually virus-free, what grad wouldn’t love a new laptop?
4. High-powered blender. Giving the gift of health is always a great idea, and a high-powered blender can make easy work of healthy eats like green smoothies, salad dressings, nut butters and more!
5. Samsung 40″ 1080p 120Hz LED Smart HDTV. Big but not too big, this Smart TV boasts a fantastic picture, great sound and streaming capabilities. It connects to all your other smart devices and will browse the web. Perfect for a tech-loving graduate!
6. Samsung’s 16.3 Megapixel Smart Camera. A camera with wifi and social sharing that takes a great shot? Yeah, the grad in your life wants that. Needs that.
7. Samsung Black Shape Wireless Audio Speaker. Give the gift of good sound with this wireless speaker that lets you send music from your library or favorite app straight to your AC-powered speaker. It’ll have your grad dancing with joy!
What are you gifting the grads and dads in your life? Tell us for a chance to win a $50 hhgregg gift card. U.S. readers only, pretty please! —Jenn