We’ve all been there. You are in the middle of having a rotten day and just one call with your BFF will turn your mood around. All of us at Fit Bottomed Girls know the importance of friendships, so today’s playlist for Best Fit Friends Week is devoted to all of the best of the best people in the world. Get ready to work out with a big ol’ smile on your face!
Best Fit Friend Playlist
1. Andrew Gold, “Thank You for Being a Friend” (4:41). Get ready to put on a kaftan and throw around some amazing one-liners because here we have the best theme song to one of the best BFF sitcoms of all time. Thank you for being a friend indeed!
2. Queen, “You’re My Best Friend” (2:52). Here at Fit Bottomed Girls, we have a mad amount of respect for the music of Queen, and this particular track says everything there is to say about your number one bud.
3. The Spice Girls, “Wannabe” (2:52). Nothing says “girl power” like the Spice Girls, and this smash hit will make you want to grab your besties and hit the dance floor, ASAP.
4. Destiny’s Child, “Independent Women” (3:37). This song was used in the Charlie’s Angels (2000) soundtrack (which is one of the best BFF teams ever put on film), and it seriously kicks butt. Hey, all of you independent women: throw your hands up in the air!
5. The Rembrandts, “I’ll Be There for You” (3:09). This one is so catchy and is THE BFF theme song for Friends fans the world over. So grab an umbrella and head to your nearest water fountain, stat!
6. Rihanna, “Umbrella” (4:35). Speaking of umbrellas! Is there anything more comforting than someone offering you theirs? And Rihanna really knows how to deliver the hook in the chorus. (Umbrella, ella, ella … )
7. Cyndi Lauper, “Girls Just Want to Have Fun” (3:51). You can always bring out your inner 80s teen with this tune from a true, blue original artist.
8. TLC, “What About Your Friends” (4:00). And when you are ready to indulge your inner 90s kid, nothing is better than a little TLC (RIP Left Eye!)
9. Fun, “We Are Young” (4:11). Now you can finish your workout with the Fun anthem that will make you want to group hug everyone in your life. Because “tooonight — we are YOUNG!”
What songs would you put on your BFF Playlist? —Margo