Popcorn: 3 Ways to Make It Gourmet!
Sun-Dried Tomato & Basil Popcorn Recipe
Sun-Dried Tomato Basil Popcorn
Author: Fit Bottomed Eats
Recipe type: snack
This zesty and fresh-tasting popcorn recipe will have you licking your fingers!
- 1 tsp. dried basil
- ¼ tsp. sweet paprika
- ¼ heaping tsp. onion powder
- ¼ tsp. garlic powder
- ⅛ tsp. kosher salt
- Pinch of ground cayenne
- 3 tsp. oil from jar of oil-packed sun-dried tomatoes (preferably in olive oil)
- ½ tsp. honey
- ⅛ tsp. spicy brown mustard
- 4 cups bagged popcorn
- In a large bowl, whisk together the basil, paprika, onion and garlic powder, salt, and cayenne.
- In a large rimmed, non-stick skillet, heat the oil and honey on medium-low, stirring with the back of a large wooden spoon until emulsified and small bubbles form, 1-2 minutes. Remove from heat, and stir in the mustard. Because of the acidic content of the mustard, it will sizzle a bit—just be sure to stir it in as quickly as possible.
- Add the popcorn, and toss until kernels are equally glazed. Quickly transfer popcorn to the large bowl with the spice mixture. Toss until fully coated.
- Store in a zip-top bag for 1 day, though it’s definitely best enjoyed the day of.
- Mix it Up: Add some freshly shaved Parmigiano-Reggiano to kick it up a notch.