Popcorn: 3 Ways to Make It Gourmet!
Salted Dark Chocolate & Peanut Butter
Salted Dark Chocolate & Peanut Butter Popcorn
Author: Fit Bottomed Eats
Satisfy your sweet tooth in a healthier way with this tasty popcorn recipe!
- 2 tsp. peanut butter powder, such as PB2 brand
- ⅛ tsp. kosher salt
- 1 Tbs. coconut oil
- 1-1/2 tsp. honey
- ½ tsp. cocoa powder
- ⅛ tsp. vanilla extract
- 4 cups bagged popcorn
- In a large bowl, whisk together the peanut butter powder and salt.
- In a large rimmed, non-stick skillet, heat the oil and honey on medium-low, stirring with the back of a large wooden spoon until emulsified and beginning to thin. Stir in the cocoa powder until fully combined and beginning to thin, about 1 minute. Remove from heat, and stir in the vanilla extract. Because of the acidic content of the vanilla extract, it will sizzle a bit—just be sure to stir it in as quickly as possible.
- Add the popcorn, and toss until kernels are equally glazed. Quickly transfer popcorn to the large bowl with the peanut butter mixture. Toss until fully coated. Store in a zip-top bag for 1 day, though it’s definitely best enjoyed the day of.
- Mix it Up: Add unsweetened coconut flakes and/or dry-roasted peanuts to make a trail mix.
Have you ever doctored up your homemade popcorn to give it some extra flavor? Try these out and let us know what you think! —Danielle Padula, GreenMitts.com