Now that fall’s here, we’re already dreaming of wrapping ourselves into comfy sweaters and warming our hands on mugs of cocoa (mmmm … cocoa …). With the approach of cooler weather, your workout routine might head to the back burner (next to the cocoa). But there’s nothing like some fresh workout gear to keep your momentum going, especially when it has an autumnal vibe. Here are just a few fitness favorites for fall that have landed on our radar for the season ahead!
1. Soybu Toni Leggings in Dark Forest. Soybu has been creating cute and comfy workout wear since 1998 and has recently expanded to plus sizes, bringing its line from XS to 3X. Dark Forest, found in capris, leggings ($72) and tanks, jumps on the printed workout wear wagon with a deep wood-grain print that flatters all sizes.
2. Brooks Launch 2 Aurora running shoes. We are in love with Brooks’ new and colorful Aurora line, and the Launch 2 ($110) makes your feet look like a pair of fleet-footed autumn leaves. They start out red at the toe, blend into a yellow midfoot, and end up sky blue at the heel. There are other color combinations in other models, and your guy can get in on the trend, too, with men’s styles.
3. Armpocket Ultra I-35 in red. Ever wish for a tiny backpack for your arm? The Armpocket ($45) straps around your upper arm like a lot of carriers, but unlike many of those products, there are extra pockets for a phone, money, ID, keys and more. Despite what it can hold, it’s very comfortable. Memory foam padding conforms to your arm and the edges wick away moisture. To listen to your music, you thread your headphones through the audio port so you don’t have to remove your phone or iPod (it fits all sizes and styles). Straps for the Armpockets all come in small and medium with a few models featuring a large size. They also come in a rainbow of colors, but the red is a nice, rich color for fall.
4. Bandi belt in Flame Stitch. Bandi belts are a great way to stash your essentials while on a run or hike without the bulkiness of a fanny pack. And since they come in loads of patterns and colors you can have one to match every outfit. The Flame Stitch pattern has the look of a stylish designer sweater, and the stretchy spandex belt can squeeze in most smartphones, plus keys, cash and a protein bar.
5. Nutrition53 Vegan1 smoothie mix in Chai ($24). Here’s some comfort food in a glass. The spicy fall flavors of chai are blended into a vegan protein powder (pea, chlorella and potato protein) that contains 20 grams of protein and 5 grams of fiber with no artificial sweeteners or flavors. We like ours in a smoothie blended with a frozen banana but it also makes great protein oatmeal.
What are your favorites for fall? —Gail